Life > Experiences

Three of My Favorite Date Spots in Bowling Green

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

With the upcoming holiday, it can be hard to find the perfect date spot, especially if you are venturing somewhere new. If you’re like me, you are looking for somewhere semi-affordable, fresh, an aesthetically pleasing. Look no further! Here are my personal favorite date spots in Bowling Green that everyone can enjoy!

Grounds For thought

Grounds for Thought is a combined coffee shop and bookstore in Bowling Green that is the perfect spot for a morning date! From a barista’s lense, their drink selection is amazing! They also have a wide variety of pastries, my favorite are the bagels! The vibes are warm and cozy as you’re surrounding by an abundance of used books, records, magazines, comics, CD’s and more. I love bringing my friends and family from out of town here, especially my partner who’s favorite drink is their homemade chai! I always love to grab a new book for an affordable price when I come in! If you haven’t been you should definitely check it out!

Juniper Brewing Co.

On a fateful date night, me and my partner decided to try Juniper, it was live changing! Juniper Brewing Co. is a restaurant, coffee shop, and brewery combined. They offer a variety of cafe style drinks with your meal! The minimalist, clean ambience is the perfect place to enjoy their inclusive menu. As a vegetarian, it can be really hard to find places that have a lot of good options but Juniper doesn’t disappoint. My favorite dish is the Beyond Burger and french fries! Their hummus plate appetizer is also amazing! This is the perfect choice for a fun, new date that everyone can enjoy!

Eric’s Icecream

Eric’s is the perfect place to head for desert! Their homemade ice cream is amazing! They offer a variety of hand-dipped flavors as well as soft serve combinations. They have something for everyone, even offering vegan ice cream! My favorite is their birthday cake or monster cookie hand-dipped ice cream! Eric’s is one of my personal favorite date spots!

Haley Muter

Bowling Green '25

Hi! My name is Haley Muter! I am a chapter leader for HC at BGSU! I am a sophmore majoring in middle-childhood education, specifically language arts and social studies. I am also minoring in psychology. I write about many topics under the sun but, my favorite topics to write about are mental health, music, and environment-friendly things!