This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Fall! It’s the perfect time to enjoy the changes that are occurring all around you! The weather is crisper, the leaves are changing, your style is getting comfier, and you’re embarking on an entirely different aesthetic than your prior summer-self. A great way to get into fall “character” is by listening to music that reflects that mood. Here are some artists that capture fall energy and are a great addition to any playlist!

Frank OceaN

Frank Ocean is one of my favorite artists to listen to when the summer fades into autumn. Frank Ocean is an artist that falls into the Neo-Soul, R&B, and Rap musical genres. Frank Ocean’s music is timeless. He last released an album in 2016, Blonde, but it is still viewed as an essential album that many people love. Although Frank Ocean has taken a hiatus from music, his music is still popular and relevant six years later. Both Blonde and Channel Orange are great listens for fall due to their extreme emotional variance and relatability to almost anyone. Frank Ocean is an awesome artist to get in to (especially during fall) if you love intimate and emotional R&B.

Mac Demarco

Mac Demarco is an indie/alternative artist whose music meshes perfect with fall. The best way to describe Mac Demarco’s sound to someone who has never listened is “crisp”. Mac Demarco records all of his own albums and plays the instruments by himself which really sets him apart from other artists. Mac Demarco’s “crisp” sound pairs so well with the fall air. My personal favorite time to listen to Mac Demarco is when I’m taking a walk and enjoying the breeze and beautiful colors of fall!

Girl In red

With her alternative/indie/pop sound, Girl in Red is the definition of fall. Her single, “We fell in love in October” is the perfect song for the season! Girl in Red’s music is very moody and emotional which captures current feelings about all of the changes that come along with fall and life in general. Girl in Red is a part of the WLW community and is shown so beautifully and unapologetically through her music. Girl in Red is an amazing artist who is extremely talented and dips her feet into a variety of different moods, sounds, lyrics, and tones – allowing for a variety of different songs and albums but still form the same, great artist.

Haley Muter

Bowling Green '25

Hi! My name is Haley Muter! I am a chapter leader for HC at BGSU! I am a sophmore majoring in middle-childhood education, specifically language arts and social studies. I am also minoring in psychology. I write about many topics under the sun but, my favorite topics to write about are mental health, music, and environment-friendly things!