Wellness > Health

10 Workout Songs for Your Next Sweat Sesh!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowling Green chapter.

Finding that right song to really get you pumped at the gym can be difficult at times. Depending on your music preferences, it could be completely different than your friends. But if you’re still searching for that new thing that’ll push you to go the extra mile (literally or figuratively), then here are some songs for you!

1. ​Feel It Still by Portugal. The Man 

An oldie, but such a fun little song to warm up to.

2. Fire by PVRIS

We love a strong and badass female! Hearing this song in a workout class made me immediately push through and lowkey want to make Ms. Lynn Gunn proud.

3. Loco Contigo by DJ Snake, J. Balvin, and Tyga

Something about Latin music combined with rap really spices up a workout! Whether you’re dancing or doing your squats, it’s a big pump up to make you totally feel like a certified baddie!

4. Mother’s Daughter by Miley Cyrus

Ms. Miley! Whether you want to listen to her old music or this new(ish) song, it really makes you want to show off that your momma made you in her image: a totally strong and confident woman!

5. WTF (Where They From) by Missy Elliott and Pharell Williams

The queen herself. This is just one of many songs by her that I’ve worked out to. She really makes you want to move!

6. Tokyo Drifting by Glass Animals and Denzel Curry

This is one of Glass Animals newest songs, and not only is it a great workout song– but one I actually choreographed and taught a dance to!

7. I Don’t Care by Fall Out Boy

Classic Fall Out Boy. You’ll be saying “I don’t care what you think” at the gym while you’re out here doing your very best and completely killing those weight machines or that treadmill.

8. 151 Rum by JID

I had the opportunity to hear JID live and not only did this man keep the crowd hype, but he also makes lifting an running so much more fun.

9. Make Some Noise by Beastie Boys

Your parents probably will remember these cool cats. I know my mom had actually introduced me to them when I was in junior high. Regardless, these guys are absolutely the biggest power move and still make me want to sassy walk on the treadmill.

10. Backseat Freestyle by Kendrick Lamar

I cannot be the only one who feels that rap music makes you want to go ten times harder on that eliptical or treadmill. It’s just something about the beats that keep you really moving!

In the meantime, here’s a Spotify playlist that has all of these baller songs plus more. Click here to check it out! And remember– you better WORK!

Taylor Eureste is a fifth year Fashion Merchandising and Product Development (FMPD) student at Bowling Green State University. They love to write and read various articles that help lift other young women up in today's society. Eureste is a huge advocate for Latinx and LGBTQ+ youth as well as women empowerment on their college campus. They hopes that they can inspire someone with their words or at the very least make someone's day a little better.