This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowie State chapter.

When most people think of fall they think of comfiness.When I think of fall, I think of being comfy but in a fabulous way. I will provide my top 5 fall fashion must-haves.

Ugg boots have been a fall/winter staple for years and they never go out of style. But, as of now, I’m feeling the mini Ugg boots vibe specifically. I would probably pair them with some cargo pants and a cute graphic oversized sweatshirt. You could also pair them with some sweats or any loungewear of your choice.

Skims has been the topic of many closest essentials and I’m here to tell you that I fully support the Skims trend. Skims has good quality loungewear which is perfect for different occasions. Loungewear can be a great must-have for the fall, any kind of loungewear from sweatsuits to matching legging sets is the way to go. You can wear them as is or, to be a little warmer, you can wear them under your everyday outfit.

Also, oversized clothing is in. Oversized outfits is a look  and you’ll be seeing a lot of them this fall. 

I’m a girl who has to have a few statement pieces for the fall and this next must-have has my name all over it! 

Hear me out… I love pink and I love anything that has feathers or fur…faux fur, of course! Fur-trim trench coats are the perfect fall and winter essential for people who love to be warm and fabulous. This is perfect for date night, girl’s night out, and for people (like myself) who like to live out their Gossip Girl fantasies. 

Denim jeans and oversized blazers are by far my favorite fall combo. It can be worn any time of the year but for myself specifically, I prefer the fall. It’s my go-to combo for birthday dinners and outings. It’s also a perfect casual look for my corporate baddies and business students. Your denim and blazer look can be completed with a pair of stiletto mules, heel boots, or a cute pair of sneakers.

Lastly, leather is a very important fall staple that can be combined with other fabrics and patterns. My personal favorite is leather pants because they go with any and everything; they come in many different colors and patterns as well. I also believe that leather will never go out of style, so you can find quality leather clothing items and keep them until it’s time to buy more. 

If you haven’t already, make a mood board for all of your fashion needs. If you need any extra inspiration be sure to check out my Pinterest Fall 2022 board.

Dasia Dunsen

Bowie State '23

Dasia is a senior Business major with high interest in fashion.