Donna Broadway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowie State chapter.

Donna Broadway launched her writing career at Bowie State when she first became a contributor to The Spectrum newspaper, where she rose through the ranks to become Deputy Managing Editor during her senior year. During her time at Bowie State, Donna was the executive secretary of 07-08 SGA, president of Sigma Tau Delta International English Honor Society, a member of Alpha Kappa Mu honor society, and president of the English club.  She graduated from the university in the spring of 2008.

Before seriously diving into a full time writing career, Donna held jobs in advertising, Human Resources, and a pre-school teacher. Donna currently does freelances for the Baltimore Examiner as the Books examiner and an entertainment columnist for the Baltimore Times newspaper. She is the publisher/creative director/ editor-in-chief of VII magazine, which officially launched in April 2010. She also blogs for the website viimag.blogspot.com. Donna credits her time at Bowie State University for helping her to become a better woman through her involvement in leadership positions in various clubs and community service activities. She has an open communication policy, so please contact her at donnatbroadway@gmail.com.

Sathiyyah Parks-Barrett is a graduating senior at Bowie State University, majoring in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations. During the 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 academic years, she has completed marketing internships with Black Entertainment Television in Washington, DC through their College Marketing Representative program. Sathiyyah has a deep passion for public relations and writing, beginning during her high school years. She was selected to shadow media professionals for the Baltimore Ravens in her senior year. In addition to her professional pursuits she enjoys walks in the park, camping, hiking, and adding to her large collection of music.