Stranded at the North Pole… with David Gruber, Michael Hannaman, and Nick Riker of the eBoard

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowdoin chapter.

Today I am stranded at the North Pole with David Gruber, Michael Hannaman, and Nick Riker of the Bowdoin eBoard…

Top three forms of entertainment to keep you occupied while stranded at the North Pole?
D: Set, the card game. Maybe that’s all I need. You can play by yourself and in a group. Or an Etch-a-Sketch.
N: You’re doing well. Are we being stranded together?
M: As an eBoard? The Antonio-Laura duo, they are other members of the eBoard.
D: I’m set. Maybe a pair of skis too.
M: That’s smart!
N: Snowshoes.
M: Ice-fishing poles and coloring books.

If you could strand Dr. Dog, Janelle Monae, or Mac Miller with you at the North Pole, who would you choose and why?
D: Janelle Monae! Because she is beautiful and has tuxedos with her at all time.
M: I’d say Dr. Dog. I listen to their music all day.
D: That’s a good answer because you’d have more people to talk to.
M: But Janelle Monae does have her entourage. She’s bringing two tour buses and twenty-three people to her Ivies performance.
N: I think I’d go with Janelle. We’d play a lot of chess (she asked for a chessboard backstage for her performance).

What film and album combo could you watch and listen to repeatedly on the North Pole and not get sick of?
D: The ArchAndriod, Janelle’s latest album. But I guess if she’s there it’s not worth it then… in which case I would say Bruce Springsteen’s Born to Run. The film would be The Parent Trap with Lindsay Lohan.
N: My movie would be Wet Hot American Summer, I guarantee that, cause it’s the best.
M: This album thing is hard. My movie would be American Psycho. I have it on DVD and it’s been watched frequently.  I would say Shame Shame by Dr. Dog, but that might be too much of a shameless plug, no pun intended, so I’m going to go with Sam’s Town by the Killers.
N: Robbers and Cowards by the Cold War Kids.

Which entertainment act would you travel all the way to the North Pole to see perform?
D: Dead or alive? Interesting. Let’s just say alive, and I’ll say Phoenix.
N: Sarah Silverman.
M: Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros.
N: They’re great live.

Favorite part about Ivies?
M: Considering I don’t have Ivies until Saturday night…free food?
D: Sunny afternoon on the Brunswick Quad.
N: Am I allowed to say mimosas? Because I would pick mimosas.
M: That sounds great, Sunday morning mimosas.
N: Tomorrow morning mimosas.
D: Yesterday morning’s Bloody Marys.