Evan Montilla ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowdoin chapter.

Major/Minor: Romance Languages (French) and Teaching minorHometown: Born in Caracas, Venezuela but raised in Wiggins, MississippiRelationship Status: In a civil union with Danny DeVitoFavorite Music: Bloc Party, Radiohead, Usher, The Cure, and Olafur Arnalds.Campus Activities: Pretends to be in Slam Poetry, Ursus Versus, goes to a nursing home and “kicks it with the old boys and girls,” kazoo player in Tree Farm, Salsa Director of WBOR, and “Starting a Sketchers Shape-Ups Appreciation Club.”

HC: What do you look for in potential partner?EM: “I don’t really look for relationships. It’s not like I have a ‘I need a girlfriend mindset.’ But if I did, I look for someone who is sweet, open-minded because I like a lot of weird stuff. And also someone who appreciates Soulja Boy.”

HC: What are your biggest turn-ons?EM: “If she can rap. If she can dance like a back-up dancer for Pharrell [Williams]. If she’s down with midnight runs for milkshakes or sorbet. If she tells me my joke sucked.”

HC: What’s your idea of a dream date?EM: “Go contra-dancing with a lot of old people that would compliment us on how adorable we are. Afterward, go eat some dope sushi in a hole-in-the-wall shack next to a laundromat, and then listen to Bloc Party’s ‘Silent Alarm’ parked by a body of water and paint on each other. Seriously.”

HC: Do you have advice for anyone that wants to get to know you better?EM: “I like people who mess with me. I like to be roasted.”

HC: What is a fun fact about yourself?EM: “On a first date with a girl, I threw up in the roller coaster and on her foot. One week later she friendzoned me.”