Back-to-School Essentials That Every Girl Needs This Fall

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowdoin chapter.

Here at Her Campus, we know better than anyone the struggle of getting back into the swing of things at the beginning of a new school year. Here are some things that will help make your transition easier. Thank you to all our sponsers for sending Her Campus all these amazing products to try out!

For All Your Burrito Cravings: Chipotle Mexican Grill

Looking for a place to have lunch on a lazy Sunday? Want to celebrate finishing that 10 page paper? Treat yo’self to some Chipotle! There’s one located in downtown Portland ready satisfy your hearty appetite. Don’t hesitate to try the guac-it’s delicious (even though it IS extra).

Stay Woke: 5 Hour Energy

Morning classes can be hard to get through, but thanks to 5-hour Energy, you can feel refreshed and ready to work at 8AM. Try the “Pink lemonade flavor,” for a fruity burst of energy!

Skin-Like-Butter Skin: Palmer’s Cocoa Butter Formula

Cocoa butter is a college MUST. Apply it to dry skin and get soft, smooth results. It can even help improve the appearance of stretch marks! Cocoa butter can come in handy especially during Maine winters, so be sure to pick some up on your next Hannaford run.

Recovering With Ease: Cold-Eeze QuickMelts

Bowdoin women are always busy with classes, sports, and clubs, but sometimes sickness can hold us back. For immediate cold and cough relief, snuggle under a warm blanket, make some hot tea, and pop a Cold-Eeze throat lozenge. Your body will definitely thank you!

For That Time of The Month: Diva Cup

Convenient and comfortable without the mess, the Diva Cup is the newest menstrual device sweeping the nation. Sophomore Emma Moesswilde agrees, “I love it because you only have to empty it twice a day (every 12 hours) so you can legit forget about it and be a powerful woman instead.” Using it will make you feel like the true diva that you are.

The Return of Summer Love: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

Want to read something other than your college textbooks this semester? Check out We Were Liars, the New York Times Bestseller by E. Lockhart. A summer love story set in the fictitious island of Beechwood, Massachusetts, Liars is a quick read that will give you all the summer feels this fall.

For Your Pumpkin Spice Latte: Zing Zero Calorie Sweetener

It’s that time of the year ladies-the Pumpkin Spice Latte and other fall coffee drinks are back! Need something to sweeten your pick-me-up before a morning class? Try the Zing Zero Calorie Sweetener. It’s made with only real ingredients, extracting the sweetness from the stevia plant. You can add it to your coffee, tea, favorite foods, and more for that perfect sweetened taste.

Dorm Decorations: Her Campus Pennant

Probably one of the most exciting and fun things to do with your roommates as soon as the school year kicks off is to decorate your dorm room, whether that be with Christmas lights, posters, or this adorable Her Campus Pennant!

#tbt Hair Products: TRESemme

Missing summer? The TRESemme Sea Foam and Sea Salt Spray will take you right back to those warm, sunny days by making your hair look like you just came right from a trip to the beach.

Smokey Eyeshadow For That Perfect Fall Makeup Look: NYC New York Color Eyeshadow Pencils

One of our favorite things about fall, in addition to fall fashion, is fall makeup! Smokey eyes, dark lips, and berry-toned blush, oh my! These NYC eyeshadow pencils are perfect for a quick and easy fall makeup look that will last all throughout your busy day at Bowdoin. Just swipe some color all over the lid, blend, and you’re out the door!

A Cute and Practical Purse: MZ Wallace Bag

Here at Her Campus Bowdoin, we know that as a Bowdoin student, academics is on the top of your priority list, meaning long days of lugging around textbooks and notebooks from class to class. So why not look cute while doing it? This navy blue purse from MZ Wallace will not only be able to fit all our your books and essentials, but it is also will match any cute fall outfit you decide to wear :)

DIY Dorm Decor: Martha Stewart Crafts

We know that whenever we’re on tumblr or pinterest, we will always inevitably come across pictures of adorable dorm rooms decorated with fairy lights and tapestries, and all we want to do is go out and buy everything from Urban Outfitters and Anthropologie in an attempt to make our rooms look just as put together. But unfortunately, these little room accessories can get pretty pricey, so why not DIY your own? Martha Stewart Crafts (sold at Michaels) has tons of supplies that will help your room look super tumblr-esque. So head back to pinterest and Youtube and start DIY-ing!