This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bowdoin chapter.

Whenever you’re updating your friends from back home about your latest college endeavors, there are always the same few things you have to keep explaining to them so that they can fully understand the Bowdoin experience…

1) Your definition of shorts weatherWhile the rest of your friends think that 50 degree weather calls for a light jacket, 50 degree weather for you is the time to pull out the sundress, sandals, and sunscreen!

2) The Bowdoin LuckThat cute guy in your economics class? Well you can bet your bottom dollar that as soon as you start crushing on him, he will be nowhere found on campus. And that guy who’s been ‘tryna’ with you (whom you have no interest in)? Yeah, well, you’ll start seeing him everywhere you turn.

3) IviesOne week during which all rules are disregarded by the college and anything goes. It’s the time students forget that we go to a small school in the middle of Maine instead of a big school in L.A. like the rest of our friends. None of that matters. All that matters is dancing the day away to catchy music with your friends under the shining sun.  

4) Your Patagonia obsessionPatagonia is not just a brand. It’s a lifestyle.

5) Why “Bowdoin Dining Menu” is your most visited siteIs it so hard to believe that you are actually ecstatic to eat whenever meal time comes around?

6) Pepper FlipsThe best way to get your friend to do something she otherwise would never do? No need to keep begging her, just pepperflip her!

7) Attending the best school in the NESCACBeautiful seasons, amazing food, and wonderful people. What more could you ask for?