Where To Go On St Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bournemouth chapter.

St. Patrick’s Day falls on March 17th and is always a good excuse for a wild Irish themed night. Make sure to enjoy the festivities in style by putting on your novelty hat, and be sure to wear something green before you take off to the best bars to celebrate St Paddy’s in Bournemouth !

Daisy O’ Briens

Located in Bournemouth town centre, this pub is Irish themed so it already has everything you need to get your St. Paddy’s Day off to a good start !

Litten Tree

Situated on Old Christchurch Road, this venue is in a great spot and is also doing special offers on the famous Irish stout, Guiness that just has to be drunk on Monday.

O’Neill’s

This is another Irish pub so if you go there, you can be sure there will be a great atmosphere. To make O’Neill’s even more involved, they have got a petition running to make St Patrick’s Day a bank holiday. You can join the petition at www.oneills.co.uk/jointhepetition 

Punch & Judy

On Poole Hill, Punch & Judy will be making more of an event out of the day by showing televised sport all weekend followed by a pub quiz tonight. This could be ideal if you are looking to do something a little more relaxing. 

Yate’s

This place knows students well, and especially that cheap is what can sway us in one direction. You can bet it will have plenty of drink offers to pull the punters in. 

As long as you drink with moderation and stay safe, you should have an absolute blast for these green themed celebrations at any of these venues. Enjoy !

Photo credit : http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/2.0/legalcode Daisy O’ Briens (rjw1), Litten Tree (Litten Tree), O’Neills (SteHLiverpool), Punch & Judy (http://gosmellthecoffee.com), Yate’s (Alwyn Ladell)

I am a journalism student at Bournemouth University and I aim to pursue a career in the media, as I really enjoy writing.