PARTS Society’s Grease Reviewed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bournemouth chapter.
Ten seats shy of being sold out for the third night in a row, the Friday show of BU Performing Arts Society, Grease was a thoroughly enjoyable night.

Olivia Ling’s Sandy and Henry Uing’s Danny were both well played, their talent ensuring that the well-known hits, Hopelessly Devoted to You and Summer Loving, were powerfully portrayed. Nonetheless, it was the quirky humour of Doody, Rump and Frenchy which made the show memorable. Acting-wise, Vince Fontaine, Mrs Lynch, and a hilarious rendition of Beauty School Drop Out  from the shows Teen Angel, showed that the acting standard was high across the whole cast. This was particularly noticeable in scenes with everyone on stage together, delivering enjoyable renditions of Born to Hand Jive Baby and We Go Together, which closed the show on a high note.

The show was a quality testament to how hard the members of cast and the production team worked in the last six months to make Grease come alive.

Reviewed by Joanne Ball