Denim : Out With The Old, In With The New

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bournemouth chapter.

Cropped demin jackets have been ditched in favour of oversized, vintage ones. Choose loose shapes in light washes, then roll the cuffs for an instant ‘90’s hipster vibe. Here at HerCampus we have found the top 5 demin jackets you should get your hands on this spring! 

1) Topshop – £65

Why we love itIt might be a bit pricey but it’s totally worth the money! The embroidery adds a splash of colour so it is perfect for the spring – not to mention you can also purchase a matching skirt to complete the look. 

2) Urban Outiftters – £55

Why we love itWe all know Urban Outfitters is queen of vintage style so this jacket is perfect! The oversized shape looks effortless and allows you to throw it over any outfit for the ultimate ’90’s look. 

3) River Island – £55

Why we love itThe collar is perfect for keeping you warm before the hot summer weather hits!

4) ASOS – £45

Why we love it

We absoloutley love the white version of the blue demin jacket and we love the lazer cut out! This jacket is essential for your summer wardrobe – you can either dress it up or down so it is perfect for all occasions! 

5) Missguided – £29.99

Why we love itThis jacket it equally as nice but a lot cheaper. If you are running low for cash this spring then this is the jacket for you! 

So there you have it, our handy guide on how to wear all the new season denim jackets! 

Joanna Bowden

Bournemouth

Multimedia Journalism student at Bournemouth University