Brit Awards: Best and Worst dressed

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bournemouth chapter.
The Brits kicked off to an exciting start with the Arctic Monkeys, opening the ceremony playing one of their singles R U Mine?. Nonetheless, Britain assisted to just as much of an entertainment prior to the show, as the celebs strutted their way up the red carpet in an array of designers and styles. Some celebrities got their look just right, but as per usual there were some fashion disasters! 

I probably speak for the majority of you when I say I was more excited about who was going to top the fashion chart than who won the awards. For me, the best dressed would have to go to the gorgeous Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. The model wore a short red SaintLaurent dress, and despite the fact this was expected from the supermodel, she did look absolutely gorgeous! The dress played to all of her strength as it showed off her toned legs and slim waist. She kept her makeup natural which certainly focused all the attention on the glitzy dress – she looked great! 

Despite not winning an award, Pixie Lott also looked fab! Her floor-length white gown was by DKNY and looked very 90’s style! A big yes to the silver metallic shoes and gold earrings which made her look sophisticated and elegant ; but not so much on her choice of handbag. Perhaps a clutch would have suited the outfit better, but we’ll just let that one slide! 

Lily Allen also made an effort for the Brits as she dip-dyed the bottom of her hair yellow. It certainly brightened up the carpet and made her noticed! This isn’t something I would personally do to my hair (probably because I’m not as daring), but if she is happy with it then I’m all for it!  

No one deserves to win worst dressed, but Jessie J definitely made an error for this event. After her choice of outfit at the Elle Style Awards the other night, she would be expected to wear something a little more plain but that wasn’t the case! Her lipstick choice looked wasn’t the best. In pictures it just looked like she had put a stick of concealer across her lips! Poor Jessie – she realised her mistake and sent out a tweet the next day saying : “The lips didn’t work. Get over it. I have. Onto the next look!”. At least we won’t be seeing that again! 

That’s it for another year in terms of the Brits. Trust the celebs will continue to dazzle and shock us at the next big event – but lets hope there’s no dodgy lipstick next time! 

(Photo credit : Daily Mail)

Joanna Bowden

Bournemouth

Multimedia Journalism student at Bournemouth University