Bringing It Back With S Club

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bournemouth chapter.

Student’s dreams came true last night when S Club reunited to perform at Halo, a Bournemouth nightclub. There were only three of them (Jo O’Meara, Bradley McIntosh and Paul Cattermole), but that was enough to make it a night to remember. No one could contain their excitement as they danced around to the likes of ‘Don’t Stop Moving’ and ‘Bring It All Back‘.

S Club 3, so the former pop stars call themselves now, reformed when they realised their classic songs were still stuck in everyones heads and sure enough, they were right! They embarked on a tour around universities and nightclubs to bring students back to their childhood for a night, and we were all glad they did.

The trio opened with their classic hit ‘Reach’ and were thankfully still as good as remembered. Unsurprisingly, they have aged and their appearance has changed. Jo opted for bright red hair and both Bradley and Paul gained weight, so they didn’t look like the fresh young stars from back in the day. We will cut them some slack though, as they danced around the stage with as much enthusiasm as they used to, and everyone still spoke about how much fun they had the next day. Most of us girls sang (or shrieked) along to every song like 10 year old girls at a Bieber concert.

Their set list included:

• Reach
  • Bring It All Back
  • Never Had a Dream Come True
  • Don’t Stop Movin’
  • Natural
  • S Club Party

Some of us at HerCampus even managed to blag our way up to the VIP section to meet them – the best part involving a selfie with Bradley. Our younger selves would have been so proud !

So all in all, the night was as good (if not better) than expected, and made us all feel like we were enlivened 7 year olds again. Can S Club still throw an S Club party? They certainly can.

Joanna Bowden

Bournemouth

Multimedia Journalism student at Bournemouth University