The Best Spring 2014 Trends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bournemouth chapter.

Pastels – Pretty pastels are in, brightening up the runways and everyone’s closets. With a whole spectrum of colours, you can pick the most flattering tones for your individual silhouette. From powder pink or sea blue to mint green and pale yellow, there is no going wrong with this breathtaking spring trend!

Sheer – Showing a little bit of skin won’t hurt! This season, a peak-a-boo detailing is definitely in so be daring girls! Sheer detailing allows you to show your skin but keep it classy during the warm spring days.

Graphic Patterns – You can never go wrong with graphic patterns. Whether it is the bold black and white print to create a statement look, or a playful look with colourful patterns, make sure you stand out of the crowd this Spring.

Floral – Every girl looks pretty in a bit of floral! It’s a double win : additionally to looking fashionable in the colourful prints, the floral patterns will add feminity and vibrace to your outfit. 

Crop Tops – Ladies, don’t give up on that gym routine! Crop tops are back and yes, they are here to stay! There are so many different cuts and styles of crop tops that you are bound to find one that will suit your silhouette.

The Shift Blouse – Who needs a T-shirt when you have a closet full of shift blouses! The near-elbo length sleeve shapes out a boxy silhouette that keeps those problem areas looking flat. The shift blouse is easy to wear on any occasion and in any style or print!