element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital MEzqoN8p6C0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Is Your Relationship at the ULTIMATE Level?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

How do you know that you’re in a relationship that’s past the honeymoon stage but also could last a lifetime? Here is a list of some signs that you might have found the one!

1. You don’t shave your legs OBSESSIVELY anymore.

Let’s be real. Your legs occasionally reach Chewbacca level furry and he doesn’t care.

2.You’ve stopped caring about looking perfect to go places.

The one person who matters doesn’t mind. Who cares what anyone else thinks?

3. You eat WHATEVER YOU WANT!

Want the big steak with dinner or the greasy burger instead of that salad? Go right ahead. No one’s going to judge you. Well, except maybe your waitress…but that’s why you leave a fat tip.

4. You occasionally find yourself saying something they say or acting out one of their mannerisms.

You just noticed that you’re making one of their faces, didn’t you?

5. To partner with #3…You stop obsessing over your curves.

Let’s be honest. You still care what you look like, but it’s not as crucial…you no longer need to be a size 0, and you know your partner loves your curves because they’re a part of you.

6. When you shower together you actually SHOWER.

It’s no longer ALWAYS a fun way to have sex…only occasionally.

7. You both think of the future as a reality rather than a possibility.

You do things that signify adulthood and commitment…like buy a pet or a car together.

8. “Netflix and Chill” ACTUALLY MEANS “Netflix and Chill”

No ulterior motives here; grab the popcorn, chill on your couch and binge-watch your fave show.

9. You know every annoying habit the other one has.

Like the way he crunches his food and leaves crumbs all over the carpet…or how picky you can be over the stupidest things.

10. You don’t always have to be doing something when you’re together.

You’re fine with re-watching Gilmore Girls while he’s sitting next to you dinking around on his laptop.

11. Holidays become a juggle-fest.

Suddenly it’s no longer about just spending time with your family…

12. Your friends and family recognize that you’re a package deal.

You CAN go somewhere without your SO, but why would you want to?

13. Despite everything on this list, you’re still not boring.

So what if you spend all of your free time together or have quirks? At the end of the day, you know that you love each other; and that’s all that matters. Every day is a new adventure.

Dakota Brown

Boise State

Dakota Brown is our Managing Editor here at Her Campus Boise State! She loves all things literature; an avid reader who also writes whenever possible, she aspires to having a future in publications editing. In her free time (aside from reading and writing), Dakota can be found drinking copious amounts of coffee, baking, and spending quality time with her dog, Kili, and her hedgehog, Lily.