Tanner Pfeil: Bilingual and Ready to Mingle

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

Who is the stud of all muffins on the Boise State campus? According to some of our most recent research, new Campus Cutie and Pi Kappa Phi brother Tanner Pfeil is a top contender. 

Quick Facts: 

Year: Junior.

Age: 20.

Hometown: Rancho Santa Margarita, California.

Major: International Business.

Her Campus Boise State: HC Boise State is curious… as an International Business major, what has been your exposure to foreign languages?

Tanner Pfeil: I actually speak German as well as English (obvi). I really want to go abroad and travel to Germany and Austria.

HC: What do you want to do with your International Business degree?

TP: I really want to open my own microbrewery and call it Pfeil Brew Co. Home brewing is defintely a hobby of mine.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

TP: Greek life. I am a proud member of Pi Kappa Phi and I am in pursuit of an executive position on the board. We are a new fraternity on campus and our charity is Push For America.

HC: Just to clarify for our readers.. what is Push For America?

TP: Push For America is the national philanthropy that Pi Kappa Phi fundraises for to help disabled children.

HC: Wow, that is really awesome. What is an example of a fundraiser you have done?

TP: We did Push Week recently, and one of the events was a 24-hour bikeathon. It was really good to be together with all the brothers for what my mom calls “forced family fun time.”

HC: Thanks, Tanner. We’re going to switch gears a little bit. Tell me, if you were a candy bar, what would you be and why? 

TP: I would be Twix for sure, because everyone loves Twix and I have crunchy insides.

HC: Tell me, what does a good-looking guy like you looks for in a girl?

TP: I mostly look for a girl I genuinely want to hang out with and who makes me laugh. I also want her to get along with my friends.  

HC: I couldn’t agree more, Mr. Pfeil. Next– this might be kind of challenging– but can you think back to one of the best moments of your life?

TP: Yes, I can. 

I had the chance to play football for a CIF championship title at the Los Angeles of Anaheim Angels baseball stadium. It was completely surreal.

HC: I can only imagine how awesome that must have been for you. That sounds really exciting. Here is my next question: who has positively influenced you the most in your life and why?

TP: I look up to my dad because he has worked hard for everything he has now and was a marine for twenty-four years. He also owns his own successful buisness and has a really nice mustache.

HC: Lastly, do you have any plans for spring break?

TP: I am going home to southern California to get out of this artic tundra.

Thanks to Tanner Pfeil and don’t forget to stay tuned next week for more Campus Cuties. 

Boise State Student. Communications and Public Relations major with a minor in History. Member of Boise State PRSSA and intern for Treefort Music Festival. Writer for Her Campus and part time preschool teacher assistant.