It’s that time of the year when the weather warms up and everyone is in the midst of a seasonal wardrobe transition. Unfortunately, updating your look for a brand new season can get expensive. So, I’ve compiled six money-saving tips to help keep you fashionably fresh this spring without busting the bank.
1. For fashion inspiration, check out Pinterest. This is a great way to check out all of the up-and-coming spring fashions. Save them so that you can go back to them later. Pinterest also offers many “pins” on how to alter clothing you already own into the latest spring fashions.
2. Everyone loves to shop at the mall… but before you make the trip, be sure to check out the sales at all of your favorite stores! Planning ahead can save you $$ big time. Right now, H&M at the mall is having a buy 1 get 1 50% off sale on jeans. Aldo is having a 15% off sale on all regularly priced merch, like these super cute flats! This offer ends 3/31.
3. Not a mall-shopper? You hipster, you. There are plenty of other shopping destinations for you to check out! Boise hosts many discount stores including Ross, TJ Maxx, Gordmans, and Marshalls. They all carry brand-new clothing at discounted prices that your wallet will thank you for.
4. For yet another place to outfit your new spring wardrobe, take a trip to the Boise Outlet Mall (located on Eisenman Road). Some of the stores include Famous Footwear, Levi’s, Van Heusen, and Sunglass Hut. Save big on brand products like these Armani shades.
5. One of the best ways to break into spring fashionably is with fresh, springy makeup. Go ahead and search for the best makeup dupes that will give you that sought-after spring glow for a discounted price. Some websites to consider would are The Fashion Lish and Feminspire. See side-by-side comparisons of high-end and low-end (or college-student-friendly) beauty products.
6. Finally, freshen up your nails with the student discount at Hannah’s Nail Spa. Hannah’s in conveniently located next to Winco and is within walking distance of campus. Get a full set of French tips with a gel shellac for just $30, or a manicure with a bright gel polish for $25.
As you can see, there are a lot of ways that you can save money as we jump into spring! Do you have other money-saving fashion tips? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas!