Run With Style: The Girls On The Run Take On The Runway

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

Girls on the Run inspires “girls to be joyful, healthy and confident using a fun, experience-based curriculum which creatively integrates running.” and as an organization “[They] envision a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to boldly pursue her dreams.” In the Treasure Valley Girls on the Run program, they serve third to fifth graders through this life-changing program that involves teaching young girls to embrace their unique selves and have confidence in who they are as an individual. Teaching life skills and having young girls embrace their creativity through running allows young girls to be who they are while still being active.

One of the philanthropies of Boise State’s chapter of Alpha Sigma Alpha is Girls on the Run. For the second year in a row, they partnered with members of the Treasure Valley chapter of Girls on the Run to hold the “Run With Style” event. This year, the event was quite different, in the sense it was not women from Alpha Sigma Alpha walking with the girls; instead, Boise State athletes took to the runway with the well-dressed girls during the show. Some of the women’s sports teams that made a presence at the show included cross country, track and field, volleyball, gymnastics, soccer, and lacrosse.

Girls on the Run has and will continue to inspire young girls and women around the country and world to believe in themselves and find who they are through a physical activity like running.

Maddie Taylor

Boise State

I am a 20-year-old sophomore at Boise State. My major is communication with a minor in gerontology. I am an aspiring journalist and enjoy writing poems in my free time.