Nicole D.: Boise’s Finest Future Teacher

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

Name: Nicole DiGirolamo.

Age: 21.

Year: Junior.

Hometown: Boulder, Colorado.

Major: Elemntary and Special Education.

Zodiac Sign: Aquarius.

Relationship Status: Single.

Her Campus Boise State: Hi Nicole! Thank you so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to speak with us. Tell us: what brought you to Boise State?

Nicole DiGirolamo: Hmm… well, I love the city of Boise and I wanted to go to a school with great school spirit. I also got an academic scholarship to go here, which was a plus.

HC: What is your favorite class you have taken at Boise State and why?

ND: I loved Foundations of Education! Even though it scared me to see firsthand the profession I am planning on going in to, it also inspired me in lots of ways and made me realize there is serious need for educators in our country. 

HC: What are some of your hobbies?

ND: I really like to sit out on my back porch on a sunny day, climb mountains, listen to Lana Del Rey, and teach.

HC: Lana Del Rey is awesome indeed. Gotta love Summertime Sadness. Now tell me, what do you look for in a guy?

ND: I want a guy that I can have a good time with and be myself around. Trust and loyalty are also very important to me.

HC: I agree those qualities are extremely important in a relationship. My next question is super random. Are you ready?

ND: Yes.

HC: Phew, good. If your personality was a holiday, what would it be?  

ND: Grandparents’ Day. Just kidding! Haha. I will go with National Peanut Butter Day. Anyone who knows me knows that I am a giant PB fan, baby.

HC: I’m glad you went with PB Day over Grandparents’ Day. What’s your favorite spot in Boise? 

ND: I have always loved the Green Belt, but my new favorite spot is Camel’s Back Park.

HC: The view at Camel’s Back Park is unreal. Last question: any exciting summer plans?

ND: I am going home for a bit for my sister’s graduation in Colorado and then I will be taking summer school classes in Boise. I am looking forward to having a great summer in Boise!

HC: Sounds like fun! Thank you so much for your time, and good luck on your finals!

Boise State Student. Communications and Public Relations major with a minor in History. Member of Boise State PRSSA and intern for Treefort Music Festival. Writer for Her Campus and part time preschool teacher assistant.
Katie Meikle

Boise State

Katie Meikle, also known as Meeks, Meikle or Pumpkin, is a junior and transfer student from Tufts University in Boston, currently studying health sciences at Boise State. Although a Boise native, Katie spent her entire high school career overseas, split between Japan and Taiwan. Katie's writing interests include fashion, healthy eating, mixology, and campus cuties... of course! She loves the great outdoors, traveling, her two dogs, Lexi and Hobbs, days at the beach, walks on sunny days, and her mom's cooking. Favorite quote: don't be a drag, just be a queen.