Newsflash: HC Boise State Springs into Second Semester

It’s been a very, very exciting start to the semester for Her Campus Boise State… from participating in the Get Involved Fair and recruiting dozens of new members to officially launching as an official Boise State student organization and finalizing our chapter logo! YAY.  

To recap…

Thanks to TWO HUNDRED free shampoo and conditioner samples from Garnier, HC Boise State was able to spread some sweet-smelling love to Boise State collegiettes at the club fair. 

Thanks to a little help from our friends at Garnier, we successfully recruited over twenty prospective new HC Boise State members. #welcometotheclub. 

We are looking forward to a very productive and exciting semester with a newly expanded and very talented team.

In retrospect, however, I would like to specially thank the founding members of Her Campus Boise State who helped navigate us through our very first (and very eventful) semester as a Her Campus chapter. 

This is my early valentine to the team who helped put Her Campus on the Boise State map. They decided to share some of their goals for the New Year and spring semester, below. 

Kaitlyn Hannah: With her impressive PR talents, Kaitlyn was a HUGE asset to HC Boise State last semester. Besides helping to keep me sane, she also wrote some of our most popular and successful articles. Check out her latest Campus Celebrity interview with Boise State student Edel Serafin.

New Year’s Resolution: “Continue to push myself out of my comfort zone into new and amazing experiences! #StayNervous.”

Delani Mcaulay: Delani’s great impact last semester was singlehandedly fixing what will go down in Her Campus Boise State’s history as “the great logo crisis”. Check out her original logo designs on our Twitter and Facebook profiles. 

New Year’s Resolution: “I’d say my top resolution for the New Year is to stop playing hooky and attend class everyday this semester.”

Madison Malone: Madison and her partner in crime, Perry Truong, represented Boise State freshmen with their hard work interviewing Campus Cuties. I hoped they enjoyed it at least a little. 

New Year’s Resolution: “My New Year’s resolution is to be more involved on campus! I sort of sat back my first semester but I’m ready to jump in with both feet this semester.” 

Perry Truong

Kim Emmons: Kim Emmons was our very, very first Her Campus Boise State recruit and did a fantastic job getting the ball rolling. 

Angelo Pete Papapavlos — Social Media Director: Her Campus Boise State would not exist without darling Angelo and his overflowing enthusiasm for the entire project. He will be sorely missed this semester, however; we wish him all the best and hope to see more of him in the future. 

New Year’s Resolution: “Follow my heart no matter what, because that’s when the most significant growth happens.”

Katie Meikle — Editor-in-chief: That’s me! 

New Year’s Resolution: I have many, many, many resolutions for the New Year… i.e., many possible areas of improvement. I’ll share one with you: keep a daily journal, to keep track of my thoughts and feelings. I’m hoping this will help me minimize my regrets, or at the very least write down what I was thinking at the time so I can look back and laugh at myself later.

Katie Meikle

Boise State

Katie Meikle, also known as Meeks, Meikle or Pumpkin, is a junior and transfer student from Tufts University in Boston, currently studying health sciences at Boise State. Although a Boise native, Katie spent her entire high school career overseas, split between Japan and Taiwan. Katie's writing interests include fashion, healthy eating, mixology, and campus cuties... of course! She loves the great outdoors, traveling, her two dogs, Lexi and Hobbs, days at the beach, walks on sunny days, and her mom's cooking. Favorite quote: don't be a drag, just be a queen.