This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is the fabulous Megan Buxton, aka Mega Bux.

The name says it all: Megan is a dedicated Boise State student who is extremely involved in student affairs on campus.With a passion for her fellow students and for service, she goes above and beyond in everything she does. Her Campus Boise State got a taste of what drives Megan, as well as some fun facts about her (such as how she takes her coffee– what an order!) in our interview with her this week, captured below. 

Quick Facts

• Age: 21
  • Major: Communications and Social Science
  • Hometown: Caldwell, Idaho
  • Favorite pattern/print: Chevron and leopard!

What student organizations are you involved with on campus?

I am the Secretary of Student Organization Affairs for ASBSU, the President of the University Housing Association, an A-team member.. although I can’t attend the meetings because of class. I’m also a Generation Church attendee! 

What’s your number one passion in life?

I love helping and serving people!

What’s your number one goal and how do you plan to accomplish it?

I want to get my PhD. I am a first generation college student and I have always wanted to be a “Dr. Buxton”. My major has changed from the medical realm, but “Dr. Buxton” still rings a bell! 

What’s your favorite coffee drink and where do you get it?

Extra-sweet white chocolate & salted caramel light ice Americano, with cream. I get it from Dutch Bros on Vista.

How’s the love scene at BoiseState?

Haha, it’s good for everyone else I suppose! I am currently talking to someone, but we will see where that goes…

What’s next? Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

I am currently scouting out grad schools. After a two-year program in Student Affairs, I am hoping to get a job (fingers crossed!) I am hoping there may be a family of some sort in my future, but I will cross that bridge when I get to it!

Hallo, I'm Angelo! I have a drive to inspire both on and off the web. I consider myself unstable in multiple areas of my life, but it's all good because that's what allows me to grow. Creative outlets are extremely important to my sanity and ability to function on a day-to-day basis. I'm an aspiring pro in WordPress, graphic design, social media, and information technology. about.me/angelopapapavlos Twitter: @peaceofangelo
Katie Meikle

Boise State

Katie Meikle, also known as Meeks, Meikle or Pumpkin, is a junior and transfer student from Tufts University in Boston, currently studying health sciences at Boise State. Although a Boise native, Katie spent her entire high school career overseas, split between Japan and Taiwan. Katie's writing interests include fashion, healthy eating, mixology, and campus cuties... of course! She loves the great outdoors, traveling, her two dogs, Lexi and Hobbs, days at the beach, walks on sunny days, and her mom's cooking. Favorite quote: don't be a drag, just be a queen.