Fall Fashion- Time to Bundle up in Style!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

Whether we are ready for the cold weather or not, it is coming! I personally am beyond excited for this season because I am OBSESSED with fall fashion (popularly known as sweater weather!). However, sometimes throwing on that same knit sweater – again – can become boring and dull! Here are some outfits and tips to turn your fall wardrobe from boring to stylin’ with the same amount of cozy warm!

Tip 1: Layers and layers of style!

Fall is that sneaky time when it can either be super cold, mildly cold, mildly warm or super warm! Wearing layers will allow you stay warm when you need to and cool down when its necessary. You don’t want to walk to your class sweating and looking as red as a tomato because the weatherman made a bad call – wearing layers can be tricky indeed. You need to figure out for your body type what looks good and what just looks boxy. Also, do not be afraid to add a pop of color in your layers! Consider a colored tank top with a neutral colored sweater or vice versa and always remember to stick to what you feel confident in!

Tip 2: Dresses are NOT Only for Summer Time!

Don’t throw that summer dress into your storage box just yet! Dresses are a fabulous way to stay stylish in the fall and winter. I’ll admit it – I’m personally guilty of wearing dresses year round. Picture this outfit: A cute dress with tights, warm boots, leg warmers, an infinity scarf and a warm cardigan to top off the look! You’ll have to obviously match up certain parts of this outfit to pull it off, but if done right, this look is to die for and will turn heads for sure.  That cutie from lecture hall who finally asked you out for coffee?  Wear this show-stopper of an outfit for a cute coffee date!

Tip 3: Scarves are the Icing!

These days, almost every store has a wide variety of scarves. Here at Boise State, even our bookstore has it’s own wall dedicated to scarves. They’re a great way to accessorize any outfit! The most trendy scarves this year are printed infinity scarves because they are super easy to throw on and they are ALWAYS adorable! Be aware that when wearing a printed scarf, it could clash with other prints in your outfit.   Match the perfect printed scarf with a plain top, and you’re set.

Tip 4: Knitted Headbands Finish the Look!

Knitted headbands are the answer to every collegiettes’ bad hair day! These fashionable headbands are stylish for ANY hair type and come in so many different designs – printed, bowed, & flowered just to name a few. Some are even bedazzled! They’re great for those days when you feel like your outfit is just missing something. Next time, throw one on and watch your outfit come together!

Tip 5: Comfort in Leggings!

Leggings these days are pushing fashion to the next level. No longer are leggings just solid colors, they are now also available in patterns and eye popping prints! These new leggings are absolutely wonderful when worn properly – but sometimes they can be tricky to pull off.  If they don’t fit properly, or aren’t worn with the right top you might reveal a little too much.  Not that we don’t all think your new Victoria’s Secret underwear is super cute – we just have to keep it classy ladies. If you do happen to purchase leggings that are slightly see through, no worries! Just pair it with an oversized sweater to cover up your unmentionables.  Match a cute pair of printed leggings with a plain colored sweater and boots for the perfect, relaxed outfit for class.

Brittany Kent

Boise State

Hi everyone! My name is Brittany and I am a freshman at Boise State University studying Graphic Design and Photography. I am a very creative person and have always had a high passion for fashion and style. I love writing for HerCampus because I can share my thoughts about fashion and college life with other college students just like me! If you'd like to see any specific articles from me or have any suggestions feel free to send me a contact form! :)