Could YOU be the next Her Campus Boise State Editor-in-Chief?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

Do you love Her Campus Boise State? Want to join the fun?

Her Campus Boise State is currently accepting applications for Editor-in-Chief for the 2014-2015 academic year. Her Campus Boise State is a chapter of Her Campus devoted entirely to Boise State. As Editor-in-Chief, you will be responsible for managing our talented team of writers, bloggers, and photographers and updating the website with 7+ features of fresh content on a weekly basis. As the Editor-in-Chief of an online publication AND President of a Boise State University official student organization, you will be responsible for promoting the Her Campus Boise State chapter through on-campus events and social media. As the head of a Her Campus university chapter, you will have the opportunity to be involved in Her Campus client marketing programs, including product-testing, book reviews, and more. In addition, you will have unique access to countless internship and job opportunities in the world of magazine publishing through Her Campus.

Do you have what it takes?

Any Boise State student for the 2014-2015 academic year is eligible to apply for the position. A background in managing, editing, and/or publishing is preferred, but not required. The main requirements for this position are a passion for Her Campus and a commitment to the continued growth and development of the Her Campus Boise State chapter. The position offers a huge amount of flexibility and countless opportunities for individual creativity; Her Campus Boise State will ultimately be what YOU make of it! This position is the perfect opportunity to exercise your leadership, organizational, and editing skills– and to make your mark on a student organization at Boise State University and get a foot-in-the-door in the exciting world of magazine publishing.

The position of Editor-in-Chief requires your time and energy in order to make Her Campus Boise State a success as a publication and a student organization. As Editor-in-Chief, expect to put in approximately 15 hours a week of work towards the magazine. This position is remote and unpaid, but the doors it opens are limitless. If you’re worried about the amount of time you would be able to devote to Her Campus Boise State, consider applying in tandem with someone else– in teams of two, eligible collegiettes can apply as co-EIC’s of Her Campus Boise State.

Cool! How do I apply?

The complete application for Editor-in-Chief can be found on BroncoJobs. Simply create an account using your Boise State student login information and search “Her Campus” to find the application. Applications are due by May 1st without exception. If you have further questions, do not hesitate to contact Katie Meikle, the current Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Boise State, at katiemeikle@hercampus.com.

Still not convinced? Here’s why you should join Her Campus Boise State:

My name is Katie Meikle and I am the original founder and current President and Editor-in-Chief of Her Campus Boise State. As a new student at Boise State University last semester, I accredit my involvement with Her Campus Boise State for helping me to get plugged-in at Boise State and to make some amazing new friends. Her Campus Boise State has also provided me with an invaluable leadership opportunity, which in turn has led to even more opportunities in the world of student media. At this point, Her Campus Boise State is a stream-lined and fully functioning student organization. From here on out, the next leader of Her Campus Boise State will be trusted to explore new opportunities for our beloved organization to expand. The possibilities are limitless, and include the potential for club funding and travel opportunities as a Boise State student organization in the fall, as well as any other creative ideas you can come up with. If you can envision it, you can take Her Campus Boise State there. I would be happy to meet with any applicants (over coffee, perhaps?) to discuss the position in further detail. I can be reached at 208-994-8887 or at katiemeikle@hercampus.com.

Katie Meikle

Boise State

Katie Meikle, also known as Meeks, Meikle or Pumpkin, is a junior and transfer student from Tufts University in Boston, currently studying health sciences at Boise State. Although a Boise native, Katie spent her entire high school career overseas, split between Japan and Taiwan. Katie's writing interests include fashion, healthy eating, mixology, and campus cuties... of course! She loves the great outdoors, traveling, her two dogs, Lexi and Hobbs, days at the beach, walks on sunny days, and her mom's cooking. Favorite quote: don't be a drag, just be a queen.