Campus Celeb: Anastashia Johnson

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

Anastashia Johnson (left) and the author, Abbie Cheeseman

HC Boise State: Thanks for sitting down with us, Anastashia!

Anastashia Johnson: Not a problem! 

HC: What year are you? 

AJ: I’m a senior!

HC: Congrats! That’s super exciting. How old are you? 

AJ: 22.

HC: Where are you from?

AJ: Cali.

HC: What’s your major?

AJ: Human Resource Management.

HC: What do you hope to do when you are out of college?

AJ: I would like to get a good job working in HR, preferably in an exciting and challenging business environment. 

HC: Do you have a job now?

AJ: I do, I work on campus!

HC: What’s the best part about your job?

AJ: The people that I work with! My coworkers are all so different and interesting. I’ve really learned a lot from them. Also, they are really caring and always there for each other. 

HC: What is YOMO?

AJ: YOMO stands for “Your Opportunity to Matter for Others”. It’s a philosophy that’s all about helping others and being an active part of the community. In the future, YOMO will be a humanitarian competition of sorts involving college students from different schools competing to make their respective communities a better place.

HC: How did you get involved in YOMO World?

AJ: I got involved with YOMO World because of my Management class. We got to be involved creating the game and developing the concept behind it. We have been testing it out and are currently working on an Indiegogo campaign to get it all started. 

HC: Okay, fun fact time! Tell us about your boyfriend.

AJ: I could talk about him for days! He’s my best friend and means everything to me! We went to high school together, but are currently at different colleges. He’s so smart and funny and caring. He supports me and encourages me all the time, and we always have fun together. Long distance is hard, but he’s definitely worth it! 

HC: Favorite food?

AJ: Almost anything from Flatbread! Haha if I could eat there everyday, I would! That, and frozen yogurt!

HC: Favorite drink?

AJ: At this point in the semester, anything with caffeine! But I do love raspberry iced tea. 

HC: Favorite musician?

AJ: Luke Bryan! I’ve always liked him. I saw him in concert a couple years ago and he’s just as amazing as he is on the radio.

HC: If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?

AJ: I would have to say the Bahamas! Just a nice, warm, relaxing place surrounded by beaches and ocean. It would be so nice!

HC: What’s your favorite subject in school?

AJ: My favorite subject is American Sign Language! It’s such an amazing language and so much fun to learn. 

HC: Where do you see yourself in 20 years?

AJ: Hmm, 20 years from now… hopefully in a successful career with a happy little family! And maybe back in California so I can be close to the ocean. 

Katie Meikle

Boise State

Katie Meikle, also known as Meeks, Meikle or Pumpkin, is a junior and transfer student from Tufts University in Boston, currently studying health sciences at Boise State. Although a Boise native, Katie spent her entire high school career overseas, split between Japan and Taiwan. Katie's writing interests include fashion, healthy eating, mixology, and campus cuties... of course! She loves the great outdoors, traveling, her two dogs, Lexi and Hobbs, days at the beach, walks on sunny days, and her mom's cooking. Favorite quote: don't be a drag, just be a queen.