This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

“Gilmore Girls.”

It’s not just a show; it’s a lifestyle. And no one knows that better than Kristi Carlson. Her cookbook, “Eat Like A Gilmore”, is a stroke of genius and creativity that rivals the culinary prowess of Sookie St. James, the business acumen (though originally unintentional) of Richard Gilmore and the lively diversity of Stars Hollow itself.

“Eat Like A Gilmore” is exactly what a “Gilmore Girls” cookbook should be: witty, humorous, colorful and overflowing with mouthwatering recipes for everyone! Within the pages you will find everything from fan favorites like Muffin Bottom Pudding Pie, Apple Tarts, Macaroni and Cheese in a Jalapeño-Chipotle Cream Sauce, and Founder’s Day Punch to some of the lesser known concoctions from the show like a 3-Egg Omelet with pancetta and goat cheese, Mock Turtle Soup, and the Monte Cristo Sandwich.

In true Gilmore fashion, the book also has an entire section dedicated to coffee, including a “Coffee 101” to guide you through getting the best brew at home! (I think this alone gets the Lorelai stamp of approval!)

However, while “Eat Like A Gilmore” is indeed a work of art, there is something that makes this fandom treasure even MORE special…

It all started as a Kickstarter campaign.

Through Carlson’s dedication and the passionate support of “Gilmore Girls” fans, this dream became a reality…and grew in ways that Carlson had never anticipated. With over 1000 pledges that raised over $47,000, the campaign serves as an inspiration.

For more information about the campaign and Carlson herself, check out our exclusive interview. And for those of you eager to get your hands on a copy of the book, it’s available online at eatlikeagilmore.com, via Amazon, and possibly at an independent bookstore near you!

Dakota Brown

Boise State

Dakota Brown is our Managing Editor here at Her Campus Boise State! She loves all things literature; an avid reader who also writes whenever possible, she aspires to having a future in publications editing. In her free time (aside from reading and writing), Dakota can be found drinking copious amounts of coffee, baking, and spending quality time with her dog, Kili, and her hedgehog, Lily.