5 Reasons to Study Abroad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

Oh the places you’ll go!

Are you thinking about studying abroad but aren’t sure if it’s right for you? Ask anyone that has studied abroad and they will immediately tell you to jump on the next plane possible because it is one of the best decisions you will ever make! OK, maybe we exaggerated a bit – but you’ll be hard pressed to find anyone who tells you NOT to study abroad. We’ve laid out 10 reasons why you should study abroad ASAP!

1.      It is the best way to learn a a new language:

Being fully immersed in a foreign country & subsequently it’s language can finally help you grasp that last bit of French you’ve been struggling with since high school.  Even if you study in an English speaking country, such as Australia or England you’re sure to learn cool, new slang.

Enjoy the British Cockney slang?  Read our newest article all about this handy British slang converter!

2.      You become very self-sufficient and independent.

Nothing says independence like learning the concept of currency exchange for yourself.  Wait, those £125 I spent at the pub last night costed how many 

3.      THE FOOD!

Just think real Italian pasta, the finest French bread you’ve ever tasted and the best Greek gyro to ever touch your taste buds.  We know that has your mouth watering just thinking about it.

Yumm, Greek gyro

4.      You become very self-sufficient and independent.

Nothing says independence like learning the concept of currency exchange for yourself.  Wait, those £125 I spent at the pub last night costed how many dollars?!

5.      Foreign guys.

Enough said. 

Why yes, that is the ever-sexy Portugese soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo

Still not sure about studying abroad? That’s OK!  Stop by the Study Abroad office at BSU located on the 1st floor of the Simplot Micron building and they will answer any other questions you might have.

Small town Washington girl who loves country music, gummy bears, football games, reading Harry Potter and singing loudly in the shower. Major in History and Minor in English at Boise State.