21 Questions with Alex Nunes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Boise State chapter.

This week’s Campus Cutie was, and I quote, “honored” by the designation. Aww, Alex… the pleasure is all ours!

Here you have it, collegiettes: Alex answered twenty-one questions we thought YOU should know about this Campus Super Cutie. 

1. HC Boise State: What is your age, year, and major?

Alex Nunes: I’m 21 years old. I’m a senior Comm and PR major.

2. HC: Alex, tell us a little about yourself. What are your favorite hobbies?

AN: I’m pretty active. I play soccer, volleyball, rugby… I also snowboard and wakeboard. I’m super excited for ski/snowboarding season this year.

3. HC: Where’s your favorite place to snowboard around here?

AN: I actually haven’t boarded around here much… I’m from California. Bear Valley is where it’s at.

4. HC: Describe yourself in one word!

AN: Authentic.

5. HC: I know we said one word but… tell us a little more about that. For the fans.

AN: Well, studying communication, I often analyze words. I’m a literature person. To me the word “authentic” means being yourself and being someone of general good character, having morals and values and things like that. That’s how I was raised: to be culturally aware.

6. HC: What do you want the Boise State ladies to know about you?

AN: Well, when I’m with someone or talking to them or interested in them, that’s the person I want to be with. I don’t get distracted. I don’t get involved with multiple girls at the same time. I’m a big advocate of relationships.

7. HC: Speaking of relationships… relationship status?

AN: I had a feeling you would ask me that! Yes, I guess in the literal sense I am single but… there is only one person on my mind right now.

8. HC: Fair enough! What kind of music do you like?

AN: The generic answer is “I like a little of everything…” But, I also like a lot of classic rock like the Rolling Stones, Beatles, and Tom Petty.

9. HC: Favorite movie? 

AN: Dang that’s a tough question! The Departed is one of my all-time favorites. I’m also a big Lord of the Rings nerd.

10. HC: How did you feel about the Hobbit?

AN: I liked it a lot! I want to see the second one. Also there is this movie by a British director called Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels. It’s a hidden gem on Netflix, definitely check it out. 

11. HC: Celebrity crush? Don’t say Natalie Portman…

AN: Ha! Nah, Mila Kunis all the way. I bet everyone says that though. Also Anna Kendrick, she is adorable!

12. HC: Pet peeves?

AN: Hmm… I guess if you can’t take a joke. It’s a pet peeve of mine if people are sarcastic but not able to take sarcasm in return, you know?

13. HC: Guilty pleasures?

AN: Oh no.

HC: Oh yes.

AN: Okay… I guess maybe singing when no one else is around. In the shower, in the car, ya know.

14. HC: Drink of choice?

AN: Adult beverage? Whiskey. If I were to be more specific I’d say Jack Daniels or Jameson, straight.

15. HC: Any nicknames?

AN: My last name is Nunes, so people calls me “Noonz”. It just kind of stuck.

16. HC: What does your tattoo mean? (Alex has several… but one in particular stood out.)

AN: This one on my arm says “all for one and one for all” in French. My sister, my best friend and I all have it. It’s like a Three Musketeers thing. 

*Lightning Round*

17. HC: Call or text?

AN: Text, unfortunately… I think that’s bad.

18. HC: Movie in or movie out?

AN: Movie in.

19. HC: Beer or shots?

AN: Shots. Whiskey shots.

20. HC: Boxers or briefs? 

AN: Boxers.

21. HC: Bro night or date night?

AN: Date night.

Katie Meikle

Boise State

Katie Meikle, also known as Meeks, Meikle or Pumpkin, is a junior and transfer student from Tufts University in Boston, currently studying health sciences at Boise State. Although a Boise native, Katie spent her entire high school career overseas, split between Japan and Taiwan. Katie's writing interests include fashion, healthy eating, mixology, and campus cuties... of course! She loves the great outdoors, traveling, her two dogs, Lexi and Hobbs, days at the beach, walks on sunny days, and her mom's cooking. Favorite quote: don't be a drag, just be a queen.