This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

The Bloomsburg Fair is a nine-day-long fair located in the lovely town of Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania. For those of you who have never been there, you 100% need to go. There are hundreds of vendors jam packed down every street who each sell something unique. For those who have been to the fair, you can verify that it is one of the best weeks of the entire year. As a student, fair week carries the same excitement as Christmas Day. With this year’s Bloomsburg Fair officially over, the post-fair sadness has hit. To reflect on the best week of a Bloomsburg University student’s semester, here are 5 stand-out items that I highly recommend grabbing for next year.

Stuffed Pretzels

• The stuffed pretzel is a popular fan-favorite, and it is constantly raved about during fair week. I had my first stuffed pretzel this year, September 2019, at the Bloomsburg Fair.  It was the best thing I have ever put into my mouth.  It was so warm, cheesy, and loaded with flavor. I highly recommend getting the ham and cheese stuffed pretzel, because mine was true perfection.

Penn State Creamery Ice Cream

• Why go all the way to Penn State when you can get Penn State Creamy Ice Cream at the fair?!  There are a bunch of flavors to choose from. People have definitely caught on to this ice cream’s deliciousness, because there was a constant line at this stand the entire week. The workers always load up your cone with tons of ice cream, and I guarantee you will finish it. You definitely won’t regret spending your money on this amazing icy treat!

Deep Fried Oreos

• I am a huge Oreo lover to begin with, and they are even better when they are all warm, chewy, and deep fried.  No matter what, I always, always, always, have to have these when I go to the fair.  Yes, fried foods are some of the worst things you can put into your body, but this one is for sure worth it.  Deep Fried Oreos are the perfect amount of sweet and they melt right in your mouth. Fried Oreos are a staple of the Bloomsburg Fair, and they are definitely a top pick for a cheat day.

Chili Bowl

• One of the best things I have ever had at the fair was this chili bowl.  There are multiple types of chili bowl combinations, and they are all nothing short of AMAZING! Even if you go on a hot day, the chili bowl is still the way to go. Each bowl is full of flavor, meat, cheese, beans, spices, and whatever else you can think of. The chili bowl is a perfect mixture of fresh ingredients to keep your tummy warm and happy.

Apple Dumplings

• Although I am not usually a big fan of apple dumplings, when I took a bite from my friend’s – it was so good.  The warm, gooey, apple stuffed dumplings mixed with the cold, creamy cinnamon ice cream was truly a perfect combination. Of all the foods I tried at the fair, the apple dumplings were my favorite. They are the perfect final dessert to end fair week.

Although the fair is now completely over and all the venders have packed up and left, I will be marking down the days until next year’s fair to try these all over again.

Hi! Im Jessie and im a senior here at Bloomsburg! I am a marketing major and human resource minor.
My name is Emily Andrusko and I am the Campus Correspondent here for the BloomU Chapter. I am a senior and a Marketing major at Bloomsburg University. I love eating chipotle burritos and binging FRIENDS! This club is perfect for you if you believe in inspiring young women!