samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Tips & Tricks for Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Final exams are just around the corner here at Bloomsburg University. The only thing that stands between your mom’s homemade dinners and holiday decorations is finals week. Don’t worry – you’re not the only one stressing! Read our study tips, habits, and stress releasers that will help guide you through the worst week of the semester. 

• Try your best to space out your studying. You may need more study days for one class than you do for another.
  • Assign each day a chapter/topic from the semester and be sure to save one day to review everything.
  • Study at a desk, making sure your materials are all out in front of you. Studying in an upright position can help you focus more and stay concentrated for longer versus hiding away in your bed.
  • Take breaks. No one can physically go hours studying without taking a few breaks. Even if you’re in the library, close your eyes for a few minutes to rest your brain (but not long enough to pass out).
  • Pack snacks, that’s right I know you all like to eat so don’t be shy! Pack a granola bar or a protein shake and feed that brain of yours.
  • Avoid coffee. Yep, I said it. Caffeine will make you crash and burn so just avoid it, plus I know you’re only avoiding studying by standing in that absurd Starbucks line.
  • Reward yourself; treat yourself to Panera or Olive Garden after a long day of studying. You deserve it. 
  • SLEEP. The absolute worst thing you can do is pulling an all-nighter in the library the night before an exam. Your brain will be fried, and not functioning at it’s best. 

Good luck on finals fellow collegiettes! HCxo