This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

As college students, I think we can all agree that keeping ourselves healthy can sometimes feel like the impossible task that we keep rewriting on our to-do lists. Between class, homework and the wondrous occasions of maintaining a social life, getting to the gym or taking time to sit down for a healthy meal can be a struggle. Thankfully, there are plenty of easy tips and tricks that can make those crazy busy schedules a bit better for our health.

Switch out the candy. It’s the time of the year for endless amounts of sweets on display almost everywhere you go. Keep yourself from mindlessly snacking in your own space by switching out the treats for a healthy option like apples or nuts. You’re way more likely to eat something better if it’s conveniently placed within arm’s reach!

Ditch the elevator. It’s said time and time again, taking the stairs over the elevator is an easy way to get in a tiny workout in the middle of the day. Walk up them faster than normal, or even skip every other step while walking up them to get your heart pumping a little faster.

Park far or not at all. So there’s a list of errands the length of the stairs you just climbed, and there’s no way you can make it to the gym today. That doesn’t mean you can’t get a decent exercise though! If any of the places is in walking distance, skip the car and grab a friend to go for a nice walk. Too far to walk? Instead of grabbing the prime parking spot next to the front door, park at the other end of the parking lot and walk from there. It might not seem like much, but research has shown that walking just 30 minutes a day can help to not only maintain weight, but also improve your mental wellbeing, metabolism, and blood pressure.

Sip in style. Have trouble drinking water? Go on a hunt for the cutest water bottle you can buy. Once you have the best water bottle ever, you’re going to want to drink more water out of it as well as bring it with you everywhere you go. It’s simple, but it works!

Pick foods when they’re in their season. Next meal at the cafeteria, or even on your next grocery run, try to reach for foods that are in season. As we get closer to winter, root vegetables will have more nutrients in them since the plants energy has to be stored in the roots to stay protected from the chilly weather.

Kathryn is a loquacious and driven senior at Bloomsburg University studying English. Journalism has been her focus for almost eight years and she's slightly excited but mostly petrified of exploring her career options in a few short months. She can be found roaming the halls of Bakeless, yelling into the abyss in BU's student newspaper The Voice's office or making pancakes for her roommates.Check out her personal blog and her study abroad blog.