Pura Vida – Campus Representative

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

For over 3 months now I have been a brand representative for Pura Vida bracelets. This outstanding company does so much for others and the world we live in and my mission is to help them with theirs by being a rep.

Pura Vida Bracelets was started five years ago by two, at the time freshly graduated college students, Griffin and Paul. They took a post graduation trip to Costa Rica where they saw two locals making the bracelets and immediately realized the potential. After creating a partnership, they now supply over 100 full time jobs to the people of Costa Rica. The name “Pura Vida” comes from the Costa Rican philosophy of “pure life” where they appreciate the simplicity of life and its treasures. Pura Vida products are not just bracelets, they have a meaning and cause behind most of them. Their Charity Collection has over 190 charities that get donations from the purchase. With a variety of cancer and animal awareness, education and children, environmental and memorial causes, service/military collection, women’s causes, and mental or physical health awareness there is a charity that anyone can relate to. They also sell a bunch of different types of bracelets as well, they have beaded, braided, originals, charmed, seed beaded, and they sell style packs including a mix of several of the styles. Other products they sell are accessories, clothing, bathing suits, and anklets.

As a rep for this insanely generous company I hand out my promo code: monicadelora20 to people so they know about the company and can get discounts on their order. The only real benefit which I don’t think many people would care to become a rep for is that you get to say that you stand behind this company and support what they do and create, which I do. It is an honor to be a part of Pura Vida Bracelets. I love telling people about the company because it means so much to me that they do so many great things for others. Most of the bracelets that I wear from Pura Vida every day support a charity or organization that I care a lot about and I love that I can support them without throwing it in people’s faces. You would never know that my blue bracelet represents anxiety. Wearing it reminds me that I am not alone in my battle and it makes me so happy that I donated to Anxiety & Depression Association of America (ADAA) to promote the prevention, treatment, and cure for anxiety and mood disorders.  

Being a rep has become an amazing opportunity for me, I could not be more grateful for the experiences I have received from Pura Vida. Please check out the website: www.puravidabracelets.com to support this outstanding company, and don’t forget to use promo code: monicadelora20 for 20% off of your order! Live a “pure life”!! 

As a senior, double majoring in Public Relations and Organizational Communications, Monica is eager to take on the roles of Campus Coordinator for Bloom U and Campus Trendsetter for HC. Whenever she isn't writing for HC, you can find her filming for the National Broadcast Society, volunteering for the Special Olympics Bocce Bash as Assistant Volunteer Coordinator, or supporting Pura Vida Bracelets as a Company Representative. Outside of her on-campus involvement, Monica enjoys photography, binge watching Netflix, eating Taco Bell, and making people laugh. 
I am a 23 year old senior at Bloomsburg University. I am a Mass Communications major on the telecommunications track and with a concentration in Public Relations.