This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Name: Becca DeMuth

Age:  21

Major: Duel Major in Communication Studies and Environmental Geological and Geographical Sciences

Organizations on Campus:  Community Assistant (CA), Community Government Association (CMA), National Communication Association Student Chapter (NCASC), Lambda Pi Eta, Phi Kappa Phi, & Gamma Theta Upsilon

Hometown: Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania

Get to Know Becca

Why did you decide to become a CA?

Freshmen year I suffered from depression and had a difficult time finding my niche and people I could relate to. Additionally, I am not good with change and I had gone through a lot of changes in that time; I had moved into a different house, my grandmother moved in, and in 4 days I went to college. I saw the CA job as a way to connect with people and a way that you don’t have to conform to the drinking culture. I just wanted to be a resource to students who were going through personal problems, just as my CA’s were for me.

What do you enjoy about being a CA at Bloomsburg?

I like meeting new people. I like having a leadership role and being in a position where people can look up to me. I like just genuinely being there for people when they feel that they don’t have anything else by being that guiding hand and trying to put them on right track again.

What are some of your favorite things to do in your spare time?

I like to go to the beach and travel. I really like to go to national parks. I also like to read and do art. And just be outside in general.

How do you feel now that you are a senior almost ready to graduate compared to when you were a freshman?

I am ready to get out to be honest. As a duel major, I have had to go to school year round, so largely I burnt out. I feel that I have been privileged in having leadership roles in this university, but at same time I get to see a lot of behind curtain operations and I am finding I do not agree with a lot of them. So I am just done and very tired of being here and ready to move on.

What are you plans for after you graduate?

I have to complete a capstone internship for my environmental degree, so I will be in Chincoteague Bay Field station in Virginia. And I will be doing coastal reclamation research. I also hope to be engaged. 

My name is Jessica and I love reading,musicals, TV shows (especially Arrow), comics, watching movies and Netflix, and traveling. I am a Mass Communications major, with a concentration in Journalism, at Bloomsburg University and I plan to graduate in May 2018. I hope to go onto to work in book publishing or writing for some kind of media outlet as well as working in a major city such as New York or Philadelphia.
I am a 23 year old senior at Bloomsburg University. I am a Mass Communications major on the telecommunications track and with a concentration in Public Relations.