This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Just like they all say, your time as a college undergrad flies by. Never, has four years gone so fast.  It feels like just yesterday, I was pulling up to Lycoming hall, with the feelings of freedom and worry taking over my body; meeting my hall mates for the first time and taking on freshman year with my best friend by my side. Now, here I am, a senior, looking back on all the memories I’ve made at Bloomsburg University. Myself, as well as my fellow graduates, still have this year to make the most of our time but as expected, we have a lot of “lasts” upon us too.

My mom always told me in the moments that I would never get back, to stop, take a minute, and look around. Take in my surroundings, the people I’m with, the feelings I have; take a mental picture. I grew overwhelmed at the thought of all the ‘pictures’ I would be taking this year as I leave Bloom. But I remind everyone, senior or not, to do the same, remember these moments, because they also say, college is the best four years of your life.

As I leave my gym class on upper campus, I take a mental picture of the fall leaves in the distance. There’s nothing like the scenery at Bloomsburg in the fall. Upper campus offers the most beautiful view. Having one last autumn as a husky is a ‘last’ that I will want to forget.

This past weekend, crowded around our little living room table, my roommates and I laughed over bottomless glasses of wine, and talked about life, as we knew it. It’s memories like these that I’ll miss. This is the last time that we’ll all live together, potentially the last time, we’ll all be in the same town (without planning it), the last time I can yell “goodnight” from my bed and hear my three best friends laugh and respond in unison. I’ll forever store the imagine of us with smiling faces and grape stained teeth in my ‘lasts’ album.

And as most of us would agree, maybe not an image, but the taste of The Commons chocolate chip cookies will be one that is sad to part with. So eat them while you can, share them with friends, and appreciate the small (and large) things that Bloomsburg has to offer. Because, before you know it, you’ll be walking across the stage, overlooking the quad, questioning how four years went by so fast.

My name is Blaire Barnhart and I am a Speech Pathology and Audiology student at Bloomsburg University. However, I've always had a passion for all things fashion and writing, of course! As I make my mark at Bloomsburg I hope to inspire others through my posts.
I am a 23 year old senior at Bloomsburg University. I am a Mass Communications major on the telecommunications track and with a concentration in Public Relations.