It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Now that the weather is finally taking a turn and the temperatures are dropping, festive music is on the radio, and well Thanksgiving is over, we can now begin to bask in the excitement of Christmas approaching. This time of year provides multiple activities to boost holiday spirits and let us temporarily forget about schoolwork (that’s the most important aspect of break, isn’t it?) Why not take a break from Netflix this holiday season and join in on the fun of these activities.

ICE SKATING

Whether you travel to New York City and skate outside around the biggest Christmas tree you’ll ever witness, or simply attend a free skate at your local rink, lacing up and throwing on some earmuffs really makes it feel like the holiday season, even if it hasn’t snowed yet!

COFFEE SHOP

Feel like you can’t escape work no matter how hard you try? Why not bring it to a coffee shop and enjoy a cup of freshly brewed coffee (maybe peppermint to really get in the spirit!) With the soft Christmas music playing and the change of scenery, work can be enjoyable this time of year!

HOLIDAY LIGHT SHOW

What’s more beautiful and unique to Christmas than the lights? Look up a local show in your town, grab some hot chocolate and explore.

SHOP

After slaving away at schoolwork, for the past four months and the lack of shops in the Bloomsburg area, a little retail therapy is much needed. The holidays always come with great sales (even online!) Go ahead, you deserve it!

CHRISTMAS MOVIES

A personal favorite, who doesn’t love the Twenty-five Days of Christmas, or the cliche Hallmark movies! Throw on some slippers, grab the softest blanket you own, and flake out on the couch.

Have a happy and safe holiday everyone!

My name is Blaire Barnhart and I am a Speech Pathology and Audiology student at Bloomsburg University. However, I've always had a passion for all things fashion and writing, of course! As I make my mark at Bloomsburg I hope to inspire others through my posts.
Hi, guys! I'm JB and I am Campus Correspondent for Her Campus BloomU!