Her Campus Survival Kit, You’ve Done It Again!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

It is getting to mid-semester and all that we can think about is Spring Break, to be stress free, care free, and let’s be honest, to have a week to sleep in. Whether you’re staying here at Bloom or going to some far off, warm destination, Her Campus has some amazing spring break goodies to make your week absolutely perfect.

First, Loreal Sublime Bronze wipes, so you can have the beach glow before you even get there (or maybe get the glow and pretend you went!) These application wipes work similar to tanning lotion, after a few applications, you can already see a difference. The best thing—no harmful UV rays here. So load up on the sunscreen and allow Loreal to cover the rest.

What’s better than testing out different colored lipsticks and seeing which is the best for you? Matte Revolution, Hot Lips allows you to do just that! These tester samples are easy to apply and surprisingly stay on all day. They range from the brightest pink to the most neutral of nudes, and kiss proof. I can only imagine what the real product is like.

After a long, pre spring break week, I needed time for myself, so I curled up and read the little books provided in the HCSurvival kits. I found myself snapping every page to my roommates, giggling at the colorful pages, and weirdly accurate flow charts Becky Simpson created in the “The Roommate Book.” I had the very same reaction to Sarah Andersen’s “Adulthood is a Myth,” cracking up about how relatable the comic strips were. 

Through all the laughs and trying different lipstick colors, I found the most amazing part of the survival kit to be beneath the surface of this cute little box reading, “Adventure Awaits,” and for many of you heading into spring break, that’s the truth!

This little box contained a device known as Wearsafe. Wearsafe is a personal safety device. Pair it with some pepper spray, and you’re set. Wearsafe, no bigger than a couple inches, can keep you safe in near every situation. If you are hurt or threatened simply press the button and WearSafe with start a group chat room with everyone you have it connected with, as well as start live audio from the scene so they never have to guess what’s wrong. You’re friends and family linked to this device can then see your location and decide what’s best to do-come help, or instantly call 911 at the touch of a button. Better yet, the device will start to vibrate, alerting you that your message was received and help is on the way. As young, college females, WearSafe should be a necessity, especially on your spring break get away.

Well, Her Campus, you did it again, you provided the essentials for a beautiful, fun, and safe spring break. Thank you to the sponsors.

*Check out the recent BloomU article regarding Erin Condren’s amazing planner and markers to make all your plans in style (also in the Her Campus Spring Survival box!)

My name is Blaire Barnhart and I am a Speech Pathology and Audiology student at Bloomsburg University. However, I've always had a passion for all things fashion and writing, of course! As I make my mark at Bloomsburg I hope to inspire others through my posts.
I am a 23 year old senior at Bloomsburg University. I am a Mass Communications major on the telecommunications track and with a concentration in Public Relations.