To the Girl You Used to be Friends With

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

To the girl you used to be friends with but now when you see each other around campus it is weird 

We used to hangout, not all the time but enough 

We used to do things like get food, go to the gym and pre game 

We used to say hi when we saw each other 

We used to “like” each others Instagram posts and “favorite” each others Tweets 

But then something changed.. 

We don’t hangout anymore, we don’t get lunch, we don’t pregame, we don’t “like” each others posts 

It’s almost like we don’t even exist to each other.. 

When we see each other on campus we look away, we walk a little faster, we pretend to be occupied by our phones 

When we see each other at the bar we don’t run up to each other and scream & yell like we used to, we say “excuse me” to get by and keep walking 

We don’t follow each other on social media anymore, we don’t know what’s happening in each others lives 

I don’t know where or why our friendship ended, I don’t even know where you stand on the topic. All I do know is now you’re just a stranger to me. We may not be friends but I still hope for the best for you and all that you do.

I am a 23 year old senior at Bloomsburg University. I am a Mass Communications major on the telecommunications track and with a concentration in Public Relations.
Hi, guys! I'm JB and I am Campus Correspondent for Her Campus BloomU!