Fun & Fabulous Activities for Fall in Bloomsburg

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Fall weather is quickly approaching and everyone is looking for things to do to get in the spirit…but on our college student budget, yikes. Check out these spots, you won’t be disappointed!

Ricketts Glen View some amazing scenery as well as get your heart rate up with beautiful hikes along side waterfalls. Bring your friends or loved one and check out this fabulous spot. Plus, it’s free! And no, the photo below is not photoshopped… Ricketts Glen is just that beautiful!

The Haunted Woods – Perfect spot for your Halloween scares! Check it out with friends or family. 102 Shadow Mountain Lane, Bloomsburg, PA, United States

Maylath Farm and OrchardYour all around fall experience: Corn maze, hayrides, corn cannon, “pick your own pumpkin,” hay pyramid, animals and so much more! Even sample some homemade foods and fresh cider! Make a day out of it!

Pickering Winery (21+)Enjoy some of Pennsylvania’s finest wines inside the beautiful 2-story old mill. With 19 varieties, there is sure to be something for everyone! The cost is $2 per person, and you are allowed to taste as many varieties as you want!

Point 3 Drive In MoviesGrab your friends and enjoy the drive in movie theater! You can see two movies for $8! There is a concession stand with yummy snacks, just make sure to bring pillows and blankets!

Enjoy… with a Pumpkin Spice Latte in hand, of course!

Kathryn is a loquacious and driven senior at Bloomsburg University studying English. Journalism has been her focus for almost eight years and she's slightly excited but mostly petrified of exploring her career options in a few short months. She can be found roaming the halls of Bakeless, yelling into the abyss in BU's student newspaper The Voice's office or making pancakes for her roommates.Check out her personal blog and her study abroad blog.