Five Struggles of the Library

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Going to the library could be a super productive time to get all your homework, projects and studying done that you really don’t feel like doing. Well if your like me, this only happens 50% of the time because the other 50% is unproductive and just a waste of time. This is what I like to call library struggles. 

1.    Finding a Seat

Finding a seat is the first struggle that you will most likely encounter when you first enter the library. All the comfy seats that you would love to sit on after a full day of sitting in class on those cold, stiff seats are taken and if you need a seat that has an outlet near it to plug you laptop in, forget it, you might as well just go back home to charge it because those seats will be taken too. 

2.    Internet

Do you need the internet to get most of your work done? That’s too bad because so does everyone else and the Wifi can’t handle it. When and if you do eventually connect to it have fun waiting 10 hours to move from webpage to webpage and if you need to watch a video plan on it taking at least three times to watch it because it will keep pausing!

3.    Humans Who Won’t Shut Up

We all know them and to be honest we most likely at one point have been them, the humans who can’t seem to stop taking for more than 2 minutes. Your trying to cram for your test that starts in an hour that you have not yet studied for and the people at the table near you decided the fourth floor was the perfect place for them and their friend to catch up and have lunch.

4.    Finding a Study Room

A study room sounds perfect for those group projects and assignments sounds perfect right? LOL JK because it’s nearly impossible because a group that contains a total of one human being decided to occupy the group study room for their individual study session.

5.    Staying Focused

Staying focused is by far the hardest struggle of going to the library. With so many people around it’s nearly impossible to stop yourself from people watching. Then you decide you want Starbucks so you go and wait in the 10 year long line. Once you’re back to your seat and you’re finally ready to go hard at all your work your group text starts to blow up so you decide its best to just start fresh tomorrow.

Junior at Bloomsburg University! Majoring in Mass Communications with a track in Public Relations and minoring in Sociology.
I am a 23 year old senior at Bloomsburg University. I am a Mass Communications major on the telecommunications track and with a concentration in Public Relations.