This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

It can be so hard to stay fit during the winter with the holidays and then month after month of cold weather. Well, we all know that they say about winter, right? “Summer bodies are made in the winter.” As we inch closer and closer to spring and summer, some of us may be farther away from our beach bods than we would like. Here are five easy tips to get you on track today before shorts and tank top weather!

Take Care of that Extra Water Bloat:We’ve all felt puffy and “fat” before. Well, a lot of the time the bloating is caused from water retention. Here’s how to solve the problem. You’ll need:

• 60 ounces of distilled water
  • 1 tablespoon of sugar-free cranberry juice
  • 1 dandelion root teabag
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice

Drink all 60 ounces of the blend for seven days in a row!

Caffeine is Good for You: Yes collegiettes, the five cups of coffee you drink a day CAN be good for you! While many say it can be addictive and affect your health, the substance can actually be very beneficial.

• Caffeine increases stamina and energy during workouts
  • When caffeine and carbs are mixed, they replenish muscles faster after exercise
  • Drinking caffeine after a workout can help relieve muscle pain
  • Caffeine helps boost your memory and help reduce your chances of Alzheimer’s
  • Caffeine helps reduce depression due to the dopamine that is released into the brain

Get Your Dose of Vitamin C: Much like caffeine, making sure you get the appropriate dosage of vitamin C a day can really improve your overall health and wellbeing. Vitamin C promotes a healthy immune system, protects from cancer, stroke, and improves eye health. Some healthy snacks that contain vitamin C include:

• Organic berries
  • Grapefruit
  • Oranges
  • Tangerines
  • Red peppers

Choose Healthy Snacks:Half the battle of leading a healthy life is making good food choices. Why eat carrots and apples when you can have cupcakes and pizza, right? Well remember beauties, a moment of the lips is forever on the hips! Here are some healthy options to snack on you don’t have to make a long lasting commitment to those love handles:

• 1 small apple and 6 brazil nuts
  • ¼ cup of hummus and 1 cup of fresh veggies
  • 2% cottage cheese with ½ cup of fresh fruit and 10 raw almonds
  • 2 tablespoons of almond butter and 5 celery sticks
  • 12-ounce fruit smoothie made with low-fat yogurt or milk

Eat Organic Whenever Possible: It’s been said time and time again that organic food is the way to go. Well, it may be better, but it isn’t cheap. Living on a college budget doesn’t always allow us to make the proper food choices, but whenever you are presented the chance to buy an organic product, take it. Here’s why:

• Organic food is higher in nutrients
  • It’s real food, which means no pesticides
  • Organic food tastes better
  • Eating organic can reduce cancer risk
  • Buying organic helps our planet