The End of The Semester SUCKS

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

I swore just yesterday I was drinking a mimosa down south enjoying spring break away from the snow. I blinked my eyes every single project I have neglected all semester is due and the dreaded finals are quickly approaching.  Throwback to the beginning of the semester when I promised myself I wouldn’t procrastinate…. syllabus me is so optimistic. 

Stressing out is an actual understatement right about now. And every person on campus (yes, including boys) continue to neglect their schoolwork like me and binge watch 13 Reasons Why. Meanwhile I’m looking for 13 reasons to finish my homework. 

I am fully convinced that every professor meets up and makes a plan to have all of their assignments due within the same week. I’m not sure about you guys, but trying to prioritize the assignments seems as impossible as finishing them on time.  

If you’re having the same issues as me, relax, I have some coping skills that have helped me survive the four years of end of semester stress that college has brought into my life. 

1. Exercising

Exercising is a great way to reduce stress because it releases endorphins in your brain which acts as a natural painkiller. I personally do not like cardio or anything of that nature, so I stick to yoga and meditation which is both good for your body and your mind. 

2. Having a healthy diet

A healthy diet is good for reducing stress, because if you look good, you feel good, and if you’re feeling good, maybe you’ll get that assignment done AND get an A. But hey, I’m not saying cheat days aren’t allowed! ;)

3. Wine    

CAN I GET A HALLEJUIAH?! Everyone loves a glass of wine, whether it’s just in our heads or acutally true, wine just makes you feel more relaxed so pour yourself a glass and sit in front of your computer and finish that 10 page paper. (PSA: Don’t drink unless you’re 21 and know your limits. Drunk papers won’t get you that 4.0 your parents want)

4. Sleep

Be sure to get as much sleep as you possibly can. Try to get in and out of bed at the same time every day to get your body on a natural cycle. Hell, take a personal day and lay in bed and catch up on all your work while snacking on some cheese and crackers.

So exercise, drink wine, eat kale, and get a good night’s rest you sleeping beauties!! The end of the year is rough, but we can get through it. 

Hi! My name is Brennan Morell and I am a part of Bloomsburg Univerity's HerCampus team! When I am not writing for them you can find me cheering on the Huskies on the sideline or teaching dance at the Bloomsburg School of Dance in the mall!
I am a 23 year old senior at Bloomsburg University. I am a Mass Communications major on the telecommunications track and with a concentration in Public Relations.