End of Semester Feels

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

As yet another semester and school year comes to an end, it never gets easier to leave college and head home. You look back at what feels like a month, but has been a full year of schooling. It passes by so fast, not just each year, but all four years.

These four years, for some more than others, pass by faster than we ever anticipated. And now, as another one of those years comes to a close, you realize you’ve completed a year of college, or you’re halfway done with college, or you have a year left before graduating, or you are graduating. It is a scary realization, that we’re all facing around this time of year.

It’s time to say good-bye to a lot of your closest friends. Some are graduating, some are transferring, and some just aren’t coming back. All of these people, are hard to leave. But think about all the memories you’ve made in college with these people. Think about how important they were in making your college experience as amazing as possible. Think about all the different times and different places you’ll go to see them. Yes, it’s sad that they’re leaving but you just have to make the most of it.

The school year that was full of stressful work, and probably tears or mental breakdowns, is over. You’ve completed another two semesters of hard work, so congratulations! You’ve earned it. Now, don’t you dare start thinking about all the difficulties that next school year or the future will bring, because right now you’re done. Don’t worry about it. Enjoy your summer, even if you are taking summer classes.

Take the summer to make money, go to the beach, visit friends, take adventures, HAVE FUN!! Don’t worry about where you left things off with a boy, or the classes you’re taking next semester, or anything else—it’s summer!! Find a summer fling, scream out your car windows until you lose your voice, go for a drive with no destination, see the sunrise and sunset, find little shops and secret gems in your area, do anything but worry.

As a senior, double majoring in Public Relations and Organizational Communications, Monica is eager to take on the roles of Campus Coordinator for Bloom U and Campus Trendsetter for HC. Whenever she isn't writing for HC, you can find her filming for the National Broadcast Society, volunteering for the Special Olympics Bocce Bash as Assistant Volunteer Coordinator, or supporting Pura Vida Bracelets as a Company Representative. Outside of her on-campus involvement, Monica enjoys photography, binge watching Netflix, eating Taco Bell, and making people laugh.