Characters We Wish We Had As Friends

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl

Not only is her style impeccable, she’s got the best connections to the elitist NYC lifestyle. Her mother is famous fashion designer and this Gossip Girl star certainly reflects that. Why do we love this character even though she may come off as a huge b*tch at times? She’s a leader. She knows what she wants and she goes for it. She doesn’t let her failed relationship with Nate defeat her. In fact, she over comes it by getting with his best friend, Chuck and we can’t get enough of that love affair. Blair would never let us down if we asked her if our outfit made us look fat. She would be honest and maybe even offer something from her awesome wardrobe. She would be there to take down any bitches that we didn’t get along with and have an army of girls to help her. She’s tough but classy. If we were caught walking around with her, it would mean we were at the top of the Upper East Side social scene. Who wouldn’t want to be B’s new S?

Summer Roberts from The O.C.

She’s the ultimate California girl. She loves to party and would be down to take shots on a weekday gone bad. She’s an awesome friend to Marissa, who has more issues than Vogue, and no matter how crazy Marissa’s life got Summer was always there for her. If you just wanted to chill one day, Summer would be readying and willing to watch The Valley and gossip about people at school. She knows when to party and when to just hangout. If you found that you liked a boy whom you thought was way out of your social scene and you were embarrassed about it, Summer wouldn’t judge you because she too is obsessed with a nerd named Seth. If you get the chance to be friends with Summer, you also get to hangout with Seth which makes your friendship with her 100% better because Seth is possibly the best character on The O.C. Ultimately Summer is a fun loving girl who would make an awesome BFF, you may even get a cool nick name out of it!

Elle Woods from Legally Blonde

The ultimate “betch,” Elle Woods is certainly someone every girl would want to be best friends with. If you love pink, you might envy everything Elle owns, but with her sweet personality, she would always be willing to share! She’s a go-getter and a sorority girl so she’s fun to hangout with in large groups or one on one. She was president of her sorority Delta Nu, which shows her leadership abilities.  She’s a Harvard Law graduate so if you ever got into trouble with the law, she would represent you. Elle would always be down for a manicure after a stressful day of studying and she would let you play with her puppy, Bruiser.  If you were having trouble getting attention from the guy you like, she would teach you ways to get him to notice you. Just be careful you don’t break his nose during the bend and snap!