Can’t Seem to Catch a Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

We all have those moments in our life when we’re just down on our luck. For me personally it’s like a rolling snowball effect at the top of Mount Everest that ends at the bottom of the Grand Canyon (not possible clearly and slightly dramatic, but true). I have horrible luck, sometimes I think I’m a walking omen but yet again it only comes in phases. Usually I’m alright just rolling with the shots of life, but we’ve all had those bad luck moments where are we can say is… really?!?

1.Your stomach is growling and those fritos in the vending machine will be the perfect snack to hold you over until after work. Alright you put in your dollar and hit A6, but NOPE. They get stuck. No matter how much you try to shake the machine, it won’t budge. You’d rather starve than spend another dollar, but c’mon really?! Girls gotta eat.

2.Procrastination is your middle name, but leaving a ten page paper for the night before it’s due was not your best idea. You’ve got a large Dunkin coffee and your laptop in front of you BUUUUUT just kidding. You didn’t save it and your computer decided to reboot itself right.now.seriously?! Welcome to team no sleep.

3.You’re so excited about your new phone and love flashing it around. Constantly playing around with the new updates and taking some crystal clear selfies for the gram when BAM. It’s on the ground annnnd to your luck the screen is cracked in not only 1 but 500 places.

4.Going out to eat is a privilege for you and you brought those leftovers home for a reason, knowing that you would be hungry later. MMMM the thought of that half a cheeseburger and some fries fills your mind later at work. Wahoo you’re on your way home and your stomach is growling for those leftovers. You open the fridge and GONE. WTF, your evil sibling ate them. K cool.

5.FINALLY the weekend you get to see the boyfriend. HOLLA. You have every intention of getting it in, but Mother Nature has something else in mind the day before. Is this a joke!? Why do you hate me God — I promise I’m being safe.

6.Alright that taco is NOT sitting well in your stomach. If you gotta go there’s no stopping it. You run to bathroom throwing your stuff aside hauling ass before your bowels explode. Woo relief. Thank god, for a second there you didn’t think you’d make it but wait… there’s no toilet paper. Are you serious? Welp good thing my phone is at 42%.

7.Lately you’ve been watching those commercials for that new romance movie you just can’t wait to see. You’re waiting for a day off so you and your girls can grab drinks and then head to the movie for a good cry fest with no judgements involved. You tell your mom about this movie you’re so excited for and before you can tell her to stop, she tells you the ending. Sweeeeet Mom, way to ruin the end for me, even if it is cliche.

8.You’ve given yourself way too many lazy days lately so you make the decision to put in some effort and wake up at a decent time to look nice for the one class you have tomorrow. There’s a cute boy who sits behind you so why not right? Only took you ten weeks of the semester to decide this. You’re ready to rumble and you walk to class to only find out it’s cancelled. Awesome, the professor couldn’t send out an email beforehand? Of course not.

9.Wow what a long day, you finally have an hour to yourself and all you want to do is take a power nap to get you through the day. You’re finally drifting off after counting sheep when buzz buzz buzz, your phone goes off. It’s your Grandmom calling and you can’t just ignore her. You answer “Hello” with a groggy half asleep voice, but in your head you’re asking yourself, “What the hell does she want?”

10.Coffee is the only thing that will get you through the day. You make your way to Dunkin for your favorite medium caramel iced coffee with plenty of sugar for that jolt of energy. Alright, your golden ponyboy. Ready to take on the day when someone turns around too fast and your coffee ends up down your new blouse. Awesome, just what I needed today.

We’ve all had bad days and been down our luck, but at the end of the day you need to laugh it off and remember tomorrow you can start fresh. Keep your chin up!

Hi, guys! I'm JB and I am Campus Correspondent for Her Campus BloomU!