This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

When it comes to studying for finals, we need all the tips, tricks and motivation we can get! Hunkering down with all your notes is great but if you’re doing it in the wrong location for you, you won’t be able to focus on actually studying when your roommate has Watch What Happens Live on, the couple at the table next to you in Starbucks decided it would be a great time to argue or the vibrations from someone’s text messages are cutting through the silence on the fourth floor of the library. Peruse all the studying options you have below and choose which atmosphere will be most condusive to your studying style!

LibraryWhile this may be the most common place to study on campus, Bloomsburg’s Library has various places inside so students can focus on their studies. With four floors of study rooms students can study with friends while not disturbing those in the main area of the library. If students want to take a more solo approach, the library consists of having its own study cubbies per person allowing students to study on their own. 

Fog and FlameCollegiettes can also check out the recently-opened coffee house on Main Street, Fog and Flame. Students have been known to grab a cup of coffee and their own table and to feed off the productive and energetic vibe the atmosphere promotes. The peaceful music and comfort of this coffee house has brought people the ease they need to find comfort in a public place without too many distractions.

StarbucksStarbucks, which can now be found convienently on both ends of campus, provides students with amazing food and beverages and a space to study. The Starbucks located in the library has table seating in and the attached Gathering Room so that students can lounge, work collaboratively and grab a cup of coffee at their convenience. The location underneath Commons has more secluded seating options but easy access to not just coffee but Subway and the Commons, just one flight of steps away!

Apartment/Dorm RoomDepending on whether you are a student in the dorms or upper campus buildings, students have a variety of rooms they can find suitable to their study needs. While students may have a lack of space in their rooms, each floor of every dorm has group study rooms for students to study in. While these conditions mostly sustain to students in groups, it still allows a space to give students to review, complete homework and study for whatever assignments finals week brings. For those students living in the upper campus buildings such as MOA, JKA, MPA, and off campus in Honeysuckle and various others, there is more ability to find places in your own apartment to study. Living rooms in all buildings are spacious enough to allow students to spread all their material onto the floor and review in the peace of their own place.

Dunkin’ DonutsWhile a bit of a drive off campus, one of Bloomsburg collegiettes’ favorite coffee and doughnut establishment offers free Wi-Fi, great prices and all the doughnuts your heart desires. Compared to the other coffee houses Bloomsburg has to offer, Dunkin’ gives you the freedom to escape campus life for a while and study on your own terms. 

Have any other suggestions? Leave them in the comments section below!Happy studying, collegiettes and good luck!

Kathryn is a loquacious and driven senior at Bloomsburg University studying English. Journalism has been her focus for almost eight years and she's slightly excited but mostly petrified of exploring her career options in a few short months. She can be found roaming the halls of Bakeless, yelling into the abyss in BU's student newspaper The Voice's office or making pancakes for her roommates.Check out her personal blog and her study abroad blog.