Alyson Sharkey ‘15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Alyson Sharkey ‘15

Major: SociologyConcentration: Family, Child, and YouthAge: 22Hometown: Wood-ridge, New JerseyRelationship Status: Taken

Her Campus: What activities are you involved in on campus?Alyson Sharkey: BU Cheer and the Sociology club.  I also work at the campus child care center.

HC: What made you come all the way to Bloomsburg for school?AS: I toured East Stroudsburg and the girl who was giving me the tour told me about Bloomsburg, so I set up a tour, and when I came here, I absolutely loved the campus.  It was beautiful and small.  Plus, it’s not too far away from home.

HC: With graduation approaching quickly, what are your plans for after you graduation?AS: I have applied to a couple graduate schools to pursue social work programs.   

HC: Are you excited for that?AS: Yes I’m excited to take a new step in my social work career, but I’m so sad to leave Bloomsburg and my friends here.

HC: If you could be any animal, what animal would you choose and why?AS: I’d be a shark! I think they are cool animals, and I love the water.  I mean hello, look at my last name.  It’s meant to be.

HC: Who is your celebrity crush?AS: Chris Hemsworth.  For sure!

Favorite…Food: Penne Vodka.Color: Orange.TV Show: Pretty Little Liars.Season: Fall.Restaurant: Chili’s

HC: Tell us a random and fun fact about you.AS: I’ve slept walk for as long as I can remember.

I love to write when I'm bored and have the free time.  The best decision I ever made was coming to Bloomsburg.  Since I've been accepted I joined the cheerleading team and couldn't be happier! :)
Kathryn is a loquacious and driven senior at Bloomsburg University studying English. Journalism has been her focus for almost eight years and she's slightly excited but mostly petrified of exploring her career options in a few short months. She can be found roaming the halls of Bakeless, yelling into the abyss in BU's student newspaper The Voice's office or making pancakes for her roommates.Check out her personal blog and her study abroad blog.