Alex Ruth ’15

Year: JuniorMajor: Public RelationsHometown: West Lawn, PaOn Campus Organizations: PRSSA President & BSCCRelationship Status: Single

Her Campus: What are your plans for this summer?Alex Ruth: I’m flying out to Orange County to visit my friend for their 21st birthday at the beginning of June. After that I’m taking a summer class online and working. At the end of the summer, I am going on vacation with my family to the OBX.

HC: Where do you like to study?AR: I want to say in the library or at work, but anyone and anything around me usually distracts me — I actually get studying done in my apartment.

HC: What is your favorite memory so far at BU?AR: I don’t really have one favorite memory, I have made so many friends up here and accomplished so many things like studying abroad in Ireland and becoming president of PRSSA, there are too many good memories to pick a favorite.

HC: What do you look forward to most in your upcoming senior year?AR: Just being a senior and soaking in my last year of being a student at Bloomsburg… and the senior bar crawl.

HC: What do you look for in a significant other?AR: I feel like these are the usual answers for this question, but I like a girl with brains, a sense of humor, and are self-motivated. I definitely have a thing for brunettes.

HC: What is your favorite part of being in PRSSA?AR: All of the experiences and opportunities that come with being a member.

HC: What advice do you have for students hoping to strive in the PR field?AR: Don’t be afraid to break out of your shell and talk to anyone you come across, that’s how you establish connections and make friends.

HC: Would you ever get a tattoo? Of what? Why or why not?AR: Probably not, I don’t have anything against tattoos or people who have them; they’re just not for me. If I ever do get one, I’ll probably be blackout drunk when I get it… in that case, I’ll contact you about what drunken Alex decided to get a tattoo of.

HC: What advice do you wish you were given earlier in your academic career?AR: Schedule a gym class for your freshman spring semester. 

Favorite…Place to eat at BU: Marley’sProfessor: Beth CoutureTV show: Game of ThronesSnack: String cheeseActress: Anna KendrickPlace to shop: Pacsun