Adventure Is Out There

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Bloomsburg is in the middle of nowhere Pennsylvania. There’s some beautiful mountains surrounding us, but our town basically wouldn’t exist without the University. A question I get asked the most is — what’s there to do? College is what you make of it and if you’re up for a short drive there are endless opportunities of things to do.

1.Ricketts Glen – This is definitely a college favorite, especially on a beautiful day when all you need is an escape from campus. It’s under an hour drive but if you have the windows down, music blasting, and some good company it doesn’t feel long at all. Make sure to bring your hiking shoes because you’ll be climbing up and down the trails of this area.

2.Centralia – We all need a little get away and this perfect for some outdoor adventure. It’s an abandoned road about a half hour outside Bloomsburg. Sounds spooky, but it’s full of graffiti art that truly is beautiful. The warm sun beating down on you will make this day even better. It’s a must see before you graduate.

3.May’s Drive In – The way to anybody’s heart — food! This is a small little drive-in right off of Route 11. It has some good burgers along with ice cream to top it off. The cost is within a college budget and it sure beats a fast food place. It has a really cute set up and is perfect for a quick bite to eat.

4.Point Drive In Theater – Taking a trip back in time to a drive in theater! All the classic movies are playing so you don’t have to worry about a black and white movie. This is an easy getaway from all the school work that’s stressing you out. Two hours out one night won’t kill you so grab some popcorn and go enjoy a movie.

5.Bounce Fun Plex – We’re all kids at heart so why not head to a trampoline place. This is an easy way to bounce away the stresses of college life. It reminds you of simpler days while you’re having a blast with friends. Grab a small group and take the half hour road trip! It’ll be well worth it.

6.Bloom Beach – In the middle of the Pocono Mountains and we still have a “beach”. Once the sun is shining down this is a great place to lay out and study while catching some rays. The water may not be the clearest, but dipping your toes in will help cool you off. This is a go-to place for many Bloomsburg students.

Hi, guys! I'm JB and I am Campus Correspondent for Her Campus BloomU!