10 Essential Fashion Items Every Bloom Girl Needs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bloom U chapter.

Little Black DressThis is a go to in your closet, whether its for a night out, an interview, or you just want to dress up for class, all you have to do is change up the accessories.

Skinny JeansI know not everyone is crazy about this fad, but with knee high boots or ballet flats for the day and a perfect pair of heels for the night you can’t go wrong with a pair of skinnies.

ScarfStay warm while looking great, this is a must have for the cold weather we get. Or just bring together your look with this amazing accessory.

Basic White TeeA definite classic in any girls wardrobe, keep it loose and simple with a pair of jeans or fitted and adorned with a pencil skirt and blazer and you’ve got a versatile look.

WristletNot only do we have to worry about lugging around huge book bags, we also have to worry about our own essentials; money, student ID, keys, chap stick, etc. With a wristlet all your essentials are at your fingertips; no longer needing to search and search for what you truly need.

Nude HeelsYou won’t be upset investing in a pair of these. Regardless the style, make sure you are able to walk in them. But when you find the right pair you’ll know because you will own your walk.

Statement NecklaceThese are great for spicing up outfits. Tuck it under a collared button down with a sweater on over top and you have the college preppy look. Add one to a plain dress and you are ready for a night out on the town.

Big Comfy SweatshirtIt could be a dreadful Monday where you just can’t get out of bed for that 8 am. Or your Thursday night kind of led into Friday morning without you realizing. No matter the situation we all have been there and just need bum day. (Hey, none of us our perfect!)

Rain BootsLet’s be honest, we can count on two hands how many days it’s been sunny here rather than rainy or snowy. Just trust me, you’re going to need these.

Chunky SweaterPair it with leggings and you’ve made a comfy outfit into what people think you actually put time into. Yes, looks can be deceiving, use it to your advantage. 

The last thing you need before you hit campus or the streets of Bloomsburg is not something that can be bought nor can it be found in any store. Your smile is the most essential accessory in your closet and will surely rock any outfit you choose to wear. 

Kathryn is a loquacious and driven senior at Bloomsburg University studying English. Journalism has been her focus for almost eight years and she's slightly excited but mostly petrified of exploring her career options in a few short months. She can be found roaming the halls of Bakeless, yelling into the abyss in BU's student newspaper The Voice's office or making pancakes for her roommates.Check out her personal blog and her study abroad blog.