This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Birmingham chapter.

When I think ‘Christmas’ I think sparkles (…well maybe roast potatoes first but then definitely sparkles!) Whether you are one to dress up during the holiday season or play it more casual, one thing is for sure, you have to ooze Christmas confidence. It’s the time of year to feel and look great and show off that inner festive spirit on the outside too, and, what better way to do this then to put some wow into your wardrobe.

First and most importantly are your Christmas Day pyjamas. You want to wake up feeling festive and looking the part as you clear away Santa’s mince pie scraps from the bottom of the chimney. 

Topshop, £20

Topshop, £26

H&M, £14.99

Next to think about is what to wear for lunch. If like me you opt for the dress down Christmas then you must be all about the jumper. Just remember that the main purpose of a Christmas jumper is to have the best one round the table and have everybody know it. Here are my top choices…

Asos marketplace, £19.99

Primark, £12

New Look, £27.99

Featuring a printed Santa and just enough glitter to satisfy my sparkle fix, Asos marketplace is my firm winner.

However if you celebrate the 25th in a more sophisticated style, then it’s time to go all out and purchase that perfect party dress that is sure to turn heads and make a statement. 

Boohoo, £22

Boohoo, £18

Motel, £50

Whether you chose to have a dressed up or dressed down affair, there is one thing that is crucial to your Christmas Day wear. When the meal is over and you’re almost too full to move, it’s time to relax, play those ‘once a year’ board games, watch those traditional Christmas movies, and…put on your onesie! 

Ebay, £17.95

Asos, £30

Topshop, now £20

Merry Christmas!